Happy Friday! So happy that this crazy week is finally over. You know the saying ‘It was one of those days?’ Well it was kind of one of those weeks for me. I’ve never been so happy for a weekend to be here (even if I am working all weekend for my side job/blogging things) Cooking always helps me de-stress no matter whats going on in my life. And when you’re cooking donuts…it takes virtually all the stress away. I’m sharing this Blueberry Pie Donut Recipe with you today in hopes that you’ll relax and make some over the weekend!
Summer weekends are usually crazy because we always have long days planned out. Whether we are spending the day at the beach, going for a hike, or just getting all of the errands done that we haven’t finished throughout the week – it’s always something. I like to have things made ahead of time for breakfast or snacks throughout the day. I like to add protein powder to the donuts to help give them a little nutritional boost.
Through my ambassadorship with SweatPink – we were sent Bob’s Red Mill new Nutritional Boosters. I love that they’re vegan, gluten free, and have probiotics. Last week I made Strawberry Protein Muffins with them. This week I switched up my berry game + broke out the donut pan. I made these with the Chai flavor. The cinnamon flavor from the chai protein + the sweet blueberries was ah-ma-zing.
- 1 c whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ c oat flour
- ½ c Bob’s Red Mill Chai Protein Powder
- 2 flax eggs (see directions below)
- ½ c blueberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 c almond milk
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Make flax eggs and allow them to sit for 5 minutes. For one egg, combine 1 tbsp flax seed meal with 2.5 tbsp water. (This recipe calls for 2 eggs*)
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. The mix should be somewhat thick, but if it is clumpy or very difficult to stir, add in a little more almond milk or water.
- Spray your donut pan with coconut oil or olive oil.
- Spoon batter into a ziploc bag, cut the corner, and ‘pipe’ donuts into your pan - filling only ¾ the way.
- Sprinkle blueberries into the batter
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes
Things we used for this recipe: donut pan
Have you ever made your own donuts? They’re one of our favorite things to make! Adding in protein makes them the perfect snack our breakfast. If you’d like to try out the Bob’s Red Mill Nutritional Boosters – you can grab a coupon here! Annnnd if you love donuts as much as we do- check out our other recipes! These Clean Eating Protein Donuts and Healthy Double Chocolate Donuts are two of our favorites!
Pin it for later:
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.“Affiliate” means that we make a little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. This recipe was created in collaboration with Bob’s Red Mill & SweatPink. We appreciate your support!