Healthy Double Chocolate Donuts that are so rich and delicious you’ll have a hard time believing they’re healthy + vegan!
There’s a lot of work that goes in to making a blog successful. You have to think of the recipe, make the recipe, take the pictures, write the post, promote it on social media… blah blah blah. The list goes on and on. I won’t bore you with all of the daunting tasks – but I will share a short story.
I’m really not a fan of all the tech-related tasks that come with a blog… running a website, tracking things, etc. I know it’s super important, but it wasn’t until recently that I started to pay more attention to what brings people to my site. Last week I was looking at our Google Analytics to do some research.. and I noticed that I was getting a lot of traffic from Pinterest. I was super surprised when I saw this.
Our Clean Eating Protein Donut Recipe had over 1,000 pins on it! Now to some people…this might not seem like anything crazy..but it was a pretty big deal to me! Since people were so interested in this post on Pinterest, I looked back a few months on our Google Analytics account. Turns out this is our most popular post EVER! Every single week, this post brings in more people to our site than any other recipe we’ve ever shared. I’m not entirely surprised.. the donuts are reeeeally good!
Anyways… It’s clear that you guys love donuts! So I wanted to share another donut recipe with you. Last week Peanut Butter & Co sent me their new Chocmeister Dark Chocolatey Hazelnut Spread to try out. The spread has 25% less sugar & more protein than most chocolate hazelnut spreads. It’s SO good. I think it’s basically a well-known fact that donuts are 100% better when they have a sweet, gooey filling inside… so that’s where we got these Double Chocolate Donuts come in.
These donuts have a rich, chocolate base, and a chocolate hazelnut filling on the inside. When biting in to them.. you’d never know that they’re secretly healthy. I made them vegan and used with whole wheat pastry flour so there’s no need to feel guilty if you have more than one 😉
- 4 flax eggs - See below for instructions
- ⅔ c almond flour
- 2 c whole wheat pastry
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 6 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp cocoa
- 1¼ c almond milk
- 3 Tablespoons Chocmeister
- Make flax eggs and allow them to sit for 5 minutes. For one egg, combine 1 tbsp flax seed meal with 2.5 tbsp water.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. The mix should be somewhat thick, but if it is clumpy or very difficult to stir, add in a little more milk or water.
- Spray your donut pan with coconut oil or olive oil.
- Spoon batter into a ziploc bag, cut the corner, and ‘pipe’ donuts into your pan - filling only halfway.
- Put Chocmeister into a ziploc bag and microwave until soft, cut the corner, and pipe a small amount of Chocmeister in the middle of the donut.
- Pipe more of the donut batter over the Chocmeister
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
Things we used for this recipe: Donut Pan , Whole Wheat Pastry Flour Ground Flaxseed , Chocmeister Dark Chocolatey Hazelnut Spread
What’s your favorite type of donut? If you have as much of a sweet tooth as I do.. you’ll want to check out my other donut creations like these Healthy Cappuccino Donuts and Healthy Coconut Chocolate Donuts! Yum!
Pin it for later:
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.“Affiliate” means that we make a little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. We appreciate your support!