These Healthy Mocha Brownies have a secret ingredient. They’re moist, chewy, and loaded with mini chocolate chips! You’re going to love them!
It’s no secret that I’m a chocoholic. I have a minimum of one small square of 80% dark chocolate every day- sometimes more. (I know I’m not the only one here!)
With that being said… it comes as no surprise that brownies are one of my favorite desserts. There are few things better than biting into a warm fudge-y , chocolate-y dessert. Unless of course.. you add coffee to them like I did 🙂
I would say that I’m equally in love with chocolate as I am with coffee. So why not pair them together in a dessert?
Most brownies are loaded with a ton of sugar, butter, and other not so healthy ingredients. There’s nothing wrong with indulging in these types of treats – but if you’re like me & chocolate is a staple of your diet, you’ll need a healthier alternative for every day snacking/dessert-ing. Thankfully I’ve come up with the perfect solution: Healthy Mocha Brownies.
They don’t need lots of oil, butter or sugar. Their ingredients are pretty simple, and include a secret healthy ingredient… blackbeans! The blackbeans give these brownies a yummy, chewy texture and some added protein.
Next time you’re looking to make this popular dessert, skip the box mix or sugary homemade recipes and try this recipe. You won’t be disappointed + you can trick all your friends & family into eating something healthy!
- ¾ cup oat flour*
- 1 15 oz can of no-salt-added all natural black beans- rinsed & drained
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil or olive oil
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1.5 tablespoons finely ground coffee
- ⅓ cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Mini Chips
- *If you don't have oat flour- make sure to puree oats in food processor until they are finely ground and the consistency of flour. Do this before adding in any other ingredients, otherwise the oats won't grind all the way.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- After your oats are finely ground, add in all remaining ingredients except the mini chips in food processor and puree until smooth.
- Stir in mini chips. The batter should be thick.
- Spoon the batter into greased muffin tins until ¾ the way full and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Things we used for this recipe: oat flour, black beans, coconut oil, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, honey, baking powder, Enjoy Life Chocolate Mini Chips, food processor, muffin tin
Pin it for later!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.“Affiliate” means that we make a little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. We appreciate your support!