Fiesta Turkey Meatloaf is an easy dinner that is done within 40 minutes! Made with lean turkey, black beans, and Mexican spices – it’s loaded with flavor!
Ever get SO bored with your meals you don’t even want to eat them? That was me last week. If I ate chicken and steamed veggies one more day for lunch or dinner…. I was going to flip.
I meal prep on Sunday’s and make 6-8 meals. I’ll eat one every day for lunch, and then sometimes for dinner post workout when I don’t want to cook. Normally I’m fine with eating the same thing, but I had basically burnt myself out on chicken. A few weeks ago I went to Costco and chicken was on sale for a really good price.. so I came home with 30 chicken breasts. Smart shopping, but super boring after 2 weeks of chicken and veggies.
It was my own fault… I got lazy, took the easy way out of meal prep and just cooked grilled chicken instead of making something really yummy. Grilled chicken is good… but just kinda blah.
I swore to myself this week that I would NOT eat any more chicken. When I went to the store, it was like the protein gods had heard my cries… turkey was on sale for 1/2 the price. I had been craving Mexican food for a few days…so that’s where this recipe was born.
I often forget how awesome ground turkey is. We swap it out for pretty much anything that you would put beef in. It’s lower in fat, high in protein, and really versatile. Annnnd when ya add some beans, corn, salsa and lime… you’ve got a super flavorful meal.
This recipe is pretty simple to make. You toss all of the above ingredients in a bowl…
Mix it all together + press in a pan.
Bake for an hour or so…and then you get this:
Guaranteed to make you actually ENJOY your lunch. Promise!
- 32 oz package of ground all natural turkey
- ½ c no sodium added black beans (rinsed and drained)
- ½ c chopped onion
- ½ c corn
- 1 egg
- ¼ c salsa
- 5 drops Lime Essential Oil (I use Young Living)
- ½ c breadcrumbs (We make our own from old whole wheat bread)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp hot pepper
- ¼ tsp oregano
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Place in a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes.
- Alternatively, you could cook in mini loaf pans, and bake at the same temp for about 15 minutes left.
- The fat in the turkey does cook off, so the loaves will shrink a bit. You can drain excess liquid out of the pan halfway through cooking.
Things I used to make this recipe: 9×5 Inch Loaf Pan , Mini Loaf Pans , Lime Essential Oil
What’s your favorite meal to prep for the week?
Pin it for later:
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.“Affiliate” means that we make a little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. We appreciate your support!