Did you read part 1 of our Italy recap Monday? If not..what are you waiting for?!
If you did read it.. chances are you probably got pretty hungry looking at all that delicious food. You probably were reading and saw all the photos of pizza, pasta, and gelato and were thinking ‘I’ll take a bite of that… please.” I know that when I looked over the pictures I was getting hungry and wishing I was back on vacation.
It’s no secret that I love carbs. Have you ever seen someone so thrilled to be stuffing their face with pizza? I think not. If you put some sort of bread, with cheese + other delicious toppings on it.. chances are you’ll win over my heart. (Tyler and I have been together for 5 years, and he regularly cooks me delicious meals. I’m not saying this is the secret to a good relationship.. but it 100% helps)
Since we made you hungry the other day.. the least we could do is share a healthy pizza recipe with you. Whether you’re in Italy, or sitting in the cold New England weather like we are.. this pizza is guaranteed to be a game-changer. With only 6 ingredients – it is so easy to make, and SO good. Most of the ingredients used are from Trader Joe’s. Some are from Italy, but can be found at your local stores.
- 1 package of Whole Wheat Pizza dough (we used Trader Joe's)
- 1 c ricotta cheese (may need more or less depending on your taste/pizza size)
- 1 large chicken breast - cooked + chopped into small pieces
- ½ c sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- arugula & balsamic vinegar (for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Stretch/spread pizza dough on a heated pizza stone or cookie sheet. (We like to add corn meal to the bottom of the stone/sheet to add a little extra crunch to the crust.)
- Bake the pizza crust for approximately 3 minutes. (Normally we don't do this with home made pizza, but because this pizza uses ricotta which is wetter than most cheeses we wanted to cook the crust a bit more.)
- Spread ricotta cheese all over the pizza.
- Top with chicken, sun dried tomatoes, and Parmesan or Asiago cheese.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes until crust is crispy.
- Allow the pizza to cool slightly, then top with fresh arugula & balsamic vinegar + enjoy!
- Tip: Allow your pizza dough to sit at room temperature for about an hour before baking. The dough will be easier to work with.
Things we used for this recipe: pizza stone
Pin it for later:
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.“Affiliate” means that we make a little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. We appreciate your support!