Healthy Peppermint Mocha Muffins are the winter breakfast of your dreams! Your sweet tooth will thank you when you enjoy these for breakfast or dessert! This post is sponsored by my friends at Vital Proteins. Have you tried their amazing collagen peptides?
It’s the most wonderful tiiiiiiime of the year (I sing to myself as I make these before Thanksgiving because I can’t wait for Christmas). True story. I was so excited that Christmas was coming that I just NEEDED to start my baking before the season actually hit. (Oh well… I just gives me more time to bake them over again and again). I’m the type of person that makes gingerbread men in the middle of July. As much as I love Christmas traditions and I think it’s fun/special to have them – I hate how we make things once a year and then never make them again!
- 1¼ cups wheat pastry flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoons ground coffee
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ cup Vital Proteins collagen peptides
- ⅓ cup honey
- 4 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract or 2 drops peppermint essential oil (If you're adding essential oils, be very careful not to add more than 2 drops)
- ½ cup unsweetened, nonfat yogurt
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Optional: crushed canes for topping (add on when they come out of the oven)
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Pour in to greased muffin tin
- Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes minutes
If you aren’t a huge peppermint mocha fan (which… I kinda might judge you for) you can just skip the peppermint/candy canes and just eat them as chocolate muffins! They would also be really yummy with chopped walnuts or cranberries in them. I’m already dreaming of the next time I can eat these… with a giant mug of coffee filled with collagen peptides, of course 🙂
Pin it for later:
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.“Affiliate” means that we make a little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. We appreciate your support!