Looking for the perfect paleo summer grilling recipe? Try these delicious, healthy Honey Poppyseed Pineapple Chicken Skewers! This post is sponsored by my friends at Tessemae’s but all opinions are my own.Guys. I have been waiting ALL year to say this. IT’S GRILLING SEASON!! You have no idea how excited I was when it was finally warmed up enough outside to fire up our grill + start cooking on it. As most of you know, we live in Connecticut, which has been pretty chilly for the past few months – but not any longer! Naturally the first thing I made on the grill were these Honey Poppyseed Pineapple Chicken Skewers. Can we say yum?
What I love most about grilling is that it’s virtually impossible to mess up. Unless of course, you over cook it.. which I’ll admit I’ve definitely done. But other than that.. it’s pretty hard to screw up. Especially when your marinade is on point. Now – you can definitely be one of those people behind the grill who makes their own special secret spice blend and brags about it… Or you can be like me and just marinate everything in Tessemae’s and still brag about it because it’s got all real ingredients, taste flippin’ delish, AND is paleo friendly, organic, and gluten free. Did I come up with the marinade? No, I’m not that much of a flavor genius. But I’m still going to brag about it because this dressing deserves it!All joking aside, I seriously wish I had come up with this flavor combo… because lately I’ve been putting this Organic Honey Poppyseed Dressing on everything. It goes perfectly on salads or as a dipping sauce for my Clean Eating Chicken Tenders, but it really shines as a marinade (especially when paired with pineapple + veggies!)Skewers are my favorite way to grill. I never really had them often growing up (we always just grilled chicken breasts), but Tyler’s dad used to make them for us all the time during the summer on the beach years ago and I’ve loved making them on my own ever since. They’re just so fun to eat, and if I’m being honest.. I’m so over the whole standard picnic/grilling food. Can we all agree to stop making lame burgers and hot dogs at our picnics…please?? Even if you swear by burgers.. once you try these, you’re going to want to make the switch.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cleaned, pounded + cut into 1½ inch square cubes)
- 2 cups pineapple, cut into cubes
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- zucchini, cut into ½ inch thick circles
- 1 cup Tessemae's Organic Honey Poppy Dressing
- Heat grill on high.
- In a ziploc bag, add cubed chicken + dressing and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes (the longer you can marinate the better!)
- When finished marinating, remove chicken from bag + place into a bowl.
- Keep the remaining marinade in the bag and add peppers + zucchini to the bag.
- Shake the veggies with the remaining marinade to coat them.
- Assemble skewers. (Pineapple, chicken, zucchini, pepper, repeat!)
- Cook skewers on grill for 10-15 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Drizzle with additional dressing if desired + enjoy!
Things we used for this recipe: Tessemae’s Organic Honey Poppyseed Dressing, Wooden Skewers (We’re investing in these metal skewers for next time!)
The combo of the dressing + the grilled pineapple is seriously out of this world good. Grilled pineapple is super delicious on it’s own.. but when you add the Tessemae’s Honey Poppyseed Dressing to it.. OMG. I’m pretty sure this is going to be my go to summer dinner. And it should be yours too! If you what to be the star of the picnic (or just the weeknight dinner hustle) click here to order this dressing or find out where you can find it near you!
Pin it for later:
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.“Affiliate” means that we make a little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money.