This Food Blogger Gift Guide has the best ideas for gifts for bloggers! From equipment to props, there are tons of goodies any blogger will love.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
It seems like everyone has at least one friend who is a food blogger or aspiring to be some sort of blogger. If you have a food blogger in your life, you’re probably aware that we’re a pretty unique breed of people.
I like to think that we’re pretttty awesome, but some people might just think we’re crazy. Testing and re-testing recipes, spending hours styling, shooting and editing photos.
Plenty of ‘WAIT, don’t eat that! I have to take a picture’ comments.. we just can’t help it!
If you’re looking for gifts for food bloggers, I’ve pulled together a few of my favorite things that I think any food blogger would love, starting with camera equipment.
Camera Equipment for Food Bloggers
Many food bloggers will already have a good camera, but if they don’t this bundle is amazing! I have a Canon Rebel T5i, and bought this bundle when I purchased it. (I would recommend buying the T6 now because that is the most current model)
At the time – I had no clue what I would do with everything it came with – but now, I’m so grateful that I have it all. It’s 100% worth the money with everything you get.
If the foodie in your life already has a camera, a camera lens is always a great idea. I bought this one this summer once I got used to my kit lens. The lens that the camera comes with is great, but this is a nice little upgrade. I’m thinking my next purchase will be this macro lens because it has great reviews, but I want to rent it first to test it out!
Reflectors are great to help bounce light over your food. This is a super cheap thing that I use ALL the time!
That bundle I linked to above includes a tripod, but if someone already has a camera, this tripod is great. I don’t use it too often, but it’s essential for things like pour shots because you need the camera to be super steady. A remote shutter is also great for this. So cheap, but a total game changer!
If you’re buying a gift for someone who doesn’t shoot with a camera yet, this phone tripod is also great! I don’t have one, but I want one!
Office Equipment for Bloggers
Standing desk – I’m LOVE my standing desk. I won’t lie, a majority of my work is done sitting on the couch in my sweatpants. Buuuut I do like to use this standing desk for at least a few hours a day. It’s awesome!
Laptop & camera cases – I have had this laptop case for about 7 years and it has totally held up! Its light enough that I can throw it in a bag, but also really protects my laptop. Camera coats are SO awesome. My mom bought me this for Christmas a few years ago and I don’t know what I would do without it. They’re great for protecting your camera without having to lug around a big bag.
Cute notebooks are a necessity. Whether it’s for writing down to-do lists, recipe ideas, taking notes of while cooking a recipe… you can never have too many!
Branded mugs or other memorabilia are always a great gift. a few years ago my brother got me mugs, pens, stickers + a t-shirt with my logo on it. There is nothing better than waking up in the morning and drinking out of that coffee cup! You can get most of these things online via Vistaprint.
Props & Backgrounds for Food Bloggers
Props are always so much fun to shop for. Napkins, plates, bowls, fun glasses and cutlery are always a great gift for food bloggers!
Here are some of my favorite places to get props:
- Target (the Heart & Hand Line is beautiful!)
- Linen Napkins from Williams & Sonoma are awesome
- TJ Maxx, Home Goods + Marshalls have awesome finds!
- Goodwill (sounds crazy, but you can find such fun things there!)
Best Food photography backgrounds:
- I drool over the surfaces from Erickson Woodworks (photo below is taken on it) but they’re so expensive.
- I love these vinyl boards but I found on Etsy which are a little cheaper than wooden boards. I also found one on Amazon.
- I’ve also made them by following this tutorial!
- Marble Slabs are super popular for backgrounds. I don’t use mine often, but they have them everywhere. This one would make a great background!
Classes and Education for Food Bloggers
While they might not be the most glamorous gifts, food bloggers love to learn and enjoy having all the tools to make their lives easier! Here are some of my favorites
- Social Media Schedulers- Contrary to what most people think, we don’t spend every 5 minutes posting on social media. We pay for tools to do that! Tailwind is the main tool that I use to schedule Pinterest. It ranges in price from around $100-$300/year. I know I’d love to have it taken care of and not come out of my budget!
- Two books I love are Food Photography & Styling and Tasty Food Photography. I can’t recommend them both enough. Tasty Food Photography is so great for people who want to learn how to take better photos
- A Food Blogger Pro Membership is also a great gift idea. I know I find it hard to spend money on things to grow my own knowledge. Food Blogger Pro has SO many amazing video tutorials. It would be a great gift for someone who is just starting their blog. I wish I had it a few years ago! Even 4 years in to blogging, I’m still learning so much about it from their forums and courses!
- Lastly, but certainly not least- conference tickets/workshops would be an amazing gift! This year I went to the Tasty Food Photography Workshop (you can read about my experience here) and it was one of the best things I did for my photography! Being able to learn from Lindsay of Pinch of Yum was so amazing. It was worth every penny to be able to go to her studio, practice my photography + learn how to improve my skills. This year, I bought myself a ticket to Everything Food Conference.
- When in doubt.. buy gift cards! Some of these items are a little pricy, so getting a gift card to Amazon, Crate & Barrel, or HomeGoods is always a good idea.
I hope this was helpful for finding a gift for the food blogger in your life! Most of the links in this post are affiliate links which means I make a small commission off of them. These are all products I love + use and would recommend regardless!