Healthy Apple Peach Cake is a delicious breakfast or dessert treat. Whole grains, sweet peaches, apples + warm fall spices make the perfect combination.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
This healthy apple peach cake guys… lemme tell you about this cake.
For starters… it’s freakin’ delicious. Like soooo darn good. I was drooling over it as I was taking these pictures.
It’s the perfect mix of late summer/fall flavors. You’ve got the summery peaches, and the crisp fall apples, so the combo of the two is totally on point. AND it’s so easy to make.
Am I making you hungry yet?
What makes this apple peach cake healthy?
The base of this healthy apple peach cake is nonfat greek yogurt. Using yogurt in baked goods is one of my favorite ways to add richness to recipes without necessarily adding in all of the calories and fat that butter, cream cheese or sour cream would.
(Don’t get me wrong- I love those things, and there’s nothing better than a buttery cookie or sour cream coffee cake, just not all the time!)
Yogurt has a similar consistency to cream cheese and sour cream, but it’s lower in fat and higher in protein – which makes it the perfect substitute for baking!
It makes this healthy apple peach cake super moist and delicious!
During this time of year, I always have peaches + apples laying around. If you’re from New England, now is the time of year where you can go and grab both at your local orchard.
It’s also that time of year when it’s weird to say goodbye to summer flavors but also too hot for fall things.
Using peaches + apples together in this cake is perfect medley!
Ingredients for Healthy Apple Peach Cake
I’ve always loved having cakes around the house. Whether it’s for breakfast, a snack, or dressed up and made a dessert – they’re a total comfort food for me.
My Healthy Zucchini Bread has always been a favorite, but this Apple Peach Cake is definitely getting put in to the rotation this fall!
Other healthy apple recipes:
- Healthy Apple Crisp
- 30 Healthy Apple Recipes
- Apple Oatmeal
- Healthy Baked Apples
- Healthy Apple Cider Bread
- Healthy Apple Muffins
Healthy Apple Peach Cake
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- ½ cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 2 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ¾ cup chopped apples
- ¾ cup chopped peaches + extra for decoration on top if wanted
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a greased 9x5 baking loaf
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger.
- Add in liquid ingredients (coconut oil, egg, egg white, vanilla extract, honey, yogurt, milk)
- Whisk batter together until smooth.
- Fold in chopped apples + peaches until mixed throughout the batter
- Garnish with a few peach or apple slices on top if you'd like (not necessary, but looks super pretty!)
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown on the edges or a cake tester comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the bread.