Looking for a yummy gluten and dairy free dessert? Try these Healthy Chocolate Coconut Donuts! These yummy donuts are free of refined sugar & taste amazing! This post is sponsored by Organic Traditions.
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
You guys LOVE donuts…. like, really, really love them. This Clean Eating Protein Donuts recipe was the #1 post on my site for years until my Paleo Turkey Chili came in and knocked it down to #2. I get countless messages from people saying how much they love them! In addition to that post getting thousands of hits, whenever I post about healthy donuts (or non healthy donuts) on my Instagram… likes go through the roof! As someone who has a raging sweet tooth, I can confidently say you guys are my people, and you will love these Healthy Chocolate Coconut Donuts!
Donuts are basically the epitome of unhealthy food. They’re usually made with bleached white flour, have loads of sugar and butter, and then are deep fried. Totally delicious, but also totally a sugar/calorie bomb. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for indulging in the real deal donut from time to time, but if you love treats… these Healthy Chocolate Coconut Donuts are a much better option for say a weeknight dessert or special weekend brunch!
I made these Healthy Chocolate Coconut Donuts with a mix of some of my favorite products from Organic Traditions. (Remember when I made these amazing Healthy Crispy Peanut Butter Cups with their probiotic cereal? SO GOOD.) I knew I wanted to make these donuts refined sugar free, so I opted to use their coconut palm sugar (which is a great paleo sweetener for baking!). Since I wanted to make the donuts dairy free as well, I opted to use their coconut milk powder for a rich, creamy glaze (that adds even more coconut flavor!). Lastly, I used their cacao powder to give the base of the donuts a rich, chocolatey flavor without actually adding any chocolate 🙂
I love cooking with Organic Tradition’s products because they are all organic. Many are vegan and raw as well! Right on the package it says ‘Eat Well, Live Well. Food is powerful’… which is basically my motto in life! We firmly agree that eating well is key to living a great life.. but that doesn’t mean we’re planning on giving up donuts anytime soon!
These donuts have a rich, chocolatey, cake like base and perfectly sweetened coconut glaze on top. I threw a little bit of extra shredded coconut on top for looks, but I also like the texture it gives them! Even though I have a major sweet tooth, I hate when it feels like you’re eating pounds of sugar in a dessert. These Healthy Chocolate Coconut Donuts have the perfect amount of sweetness to them!
I hope you love these simple treats as much as we do! When Tyler brought them into work, they quickly vanished.. I think the same thing will happen at your house! Head over to Organic Tradition’s website and use code CLEANEATING to get 20% off your purchase, and if you want to win some of these amazing ingredients and a donut pan enter this giveaway!
Things we used for this recipe:
Healthy Chocolate Coconut Donuts
For the donuts:
For the glaze
- ¼ c Organic Traditions coconut sugar powdered
- ¼ c Organic Traditions Coconut milk Powder
- ¼ c almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees + prepare a greased donut pan.
- In a bowl, beat eggs until combined. Stir in almond milk and almond butter.
- Add in remaining dry ingredients, and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into greased donut pan, filling ¾ of the way. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Allow donuts to cool (approximately 25 minutes) and remove from pan. When donuts are completely cooled, prepare the glaze.
- For the glaze, pulse coconut sugar in a blender until finely ground (consistency of powdered sugar). Whisk in coconut milk powder until combined. Slowly whisk in almond milk until smooth.
- Pour the glaze in a shallow bowl and dip the tops of the cooled donuts into the glaze. Immediately sprinkle with additional coconut shreds. Enjoy!
You can get the nutrition facts for this recipe here.