These Healthy Crispy Peanut Butter Cups are a lighter version of your a classic peanut butter cup. Made with dark chocolate and creamy peanut butter. They’re an easy and delicious gluten free treat everyone will love! This post is sponsored by Organic Traditions.
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
For as long as I can remember, I have LOVED peanut butter cups. They’ve been my favorite candy since I was a little kid, and I’m pretty sure I’ll never grow out of the chocolate peanut butter combo. (Who else is with me?!) There is something about salty peanut butter combined with smooth chocolate that is just oh-so irresistible, right??
My love of peanut butter cups started with plain reese’s but as I’ve gotten older, I’m really not a huge fan of milk chocolate. To me, the taste of dark chocolate is just richer + better. Dark chocolate peanut butter cups are not nearly as common as their milk chocolate counter parts, but Trader Joe’s does make pretty darn delicious Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups. I usually don’t buy them simply because I have almost NO will power and find myself eating nearly the entire container… oops!
The other day when I was at Trader Joe’s, I spotted the PB cups and almost bought them… but I knew I’d eat them all if I did, so I left them at the store. When we were watching a movie later that night I 100% regretted my decision earlier in the day… but thankfully, I always have the ingredients to make these Healthy Crispy Peanut Butter Cups on hand, so I whipped up a batch.
These Healthy Crispy Peanut Butter Cups are basically like Reese’s dignified, grown up, delicious cousin. They’re made with 85% dark chocolate, all natural creamy peanut butter, and have the perfect little crunch to them thanks to Organic Traditions Probiotic Sorghum Chocolate Coconut Crunch Cereal. Adding cereal to these was kinda the best decision I could’ve ever made.. it gives these cups a little bit of a crunch bar like twist!
This Probiotic Sorghum Chocolate Coconut Crunch Cereal isn’t like your regular old cereal at the grocery store, it’s WAY better. It’s made with sorghum flakes which are naturally gluten free, and is loaded with Bacillus coagulans (AKA the good kind of bacteria that provides you with 1 billion probiotics per serving – you can read more about that here)
Unlike other cereals, this cereal is loaded in fiber, and waaaay lower in sugar (only 4g per serving!) I love it with almond milk, but it is so darn yummy in these Healthy Crispy Peanut Butter Cups. I love the extra crunch it gives (and probiotics are always a good thing in my book!)
These Healthy Crispy Peanut Butter Cups only take about 20 minutes to make, and are perfect for a little after dinner treat or afternoon pick-me-up. They last for at least two weeks in the fridge, although I doubt they’ll last that long! (Once you try them, you’ll find they’re hard to stop eating!)
Things we used for this recipe: peanut butter cup mold, creamy peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut flour, dark chocolate, Organic Traditions Probiotic Sorghum Chocolate Coconut Crunch Cereal (Use code CLEANEATING for 20% off)
Healthy Crispy Peanut Butter Cups
- Mix together peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut flour.
- In a bowl microwave the dark chocolate until it melts. Stir every 30 seconds to make sure the chocolate doesn’t burn.
- Once chocolate is melted, stir in cereal.
- Fill peanut butter cup molds half way with chocolate cereal mixture. Use the opposite end of a spoon to push the chocolate mixture against the ridges in the cups to form a shell along the outside of the cup mold. Place in freezer for 10 minutes
- Remove molds from freezer. Press ¼ tsp of peanut butter mixture (or more depending on your mold size) into the cups. The cups should be just about full.
- Pour chocolate cereal mixture on top of the cups, sprinkle with extra cereal + place back into the freezer for an additional 10 minutes until solid. Remove from molds + store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer
You can view the nutrition facts for this post here.