This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
Carrots are without a doubt an underrated side dish. I’m not sure why it is, but I feel like people rarely ever cook them and restaurants usually don’t serve them.
Even I’m guilty of rarely ever using them as a side. I love to snack on them with hummus… but up until a few weeks ago I couldn’t even remember the last time I had them served alongside dinner!
They were simply too pretty to just leave on the produce shelf, and quite honestly… I wanted to show them in a photo somehow, because the colors are just beautiful!
It had been so long since I had carrots as a side, I really didn’t know what to even do with them!
What makes these Honey Thyme Carrots healthy?
And let me just tell you… I certainly will NOT be waiting this long to have carrots as a side dish again! I feel like I’ve been missing out for years because I simply overlooked this amazing veggie!
I tried these alongside my Whole 30 Lemon Rosemary Crockpot Whole Chicken with my Healthy Green Beans Almondine and it was super yummy, but I know these Honey Thyme Garlic Carrots would be great with pork or even fish too!
Other healthy side dishes:
- Crispy Garlic Thyme Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Garlic Rosemary Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Crispy Rosemary Smashed Potatoes
- Healthy Green Beans Almondine
Honey Thyme Garlic Carrots Recipe
- Bring water to a boil. While water is boiling, slice carrots into ¼ inch thick medallions.
- Boil carrots for 8-10 minutes, until they are slightly tender. While carrots are boiling, whisk together honey, olive oil + thyme.
- Strain carrots and put back in the pot, toss carrots with honey/spicemixture + allow them to cook for another 3-4 minutes.