Honey Thyme Garlic Carrots are a simple, yummy way to cook carrots! Paleo, gluten free and full of flavor, this is a healthy side dish everyone will love!
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
Carrots are without a doubt an underrated side dish. I’m not sure why it is, but I feel like people rarely ever cook them and restaurants usually don’t serve them.
Even I’m guilty of rarely ever using them as a side. I love to snack on them with hummus… but up until a few weeks ago I couldn’t even remember the last time I had them served alongside dinner!
With Easter/Spring time popping up, carrots are everywhere! When I was in Trader Joe’s and saw these gorgeous rainbow carrots, I knew I needed to make something with them.
They were simply too pretty to just leave on the produce shelf, and quite honestly… I wanted to show them in a photo somehow, because the colors are just beautiful!
It had been so long since I had carrots as a side, I really didn’t know what to even do with them!
What makes these Honey Thyme Carrots healthy?
- Honey – Many carrot side dishes have lots of sugar added to them, but this only has a little bit of honey to bring out the natural sweetness of the carrots
- Heart Healthy Oils – Rather than being doused in butter, I used heart healthy olive oil to sauté these carrots.
And let me just tell you… I certainly will NOT be waiting this long to have carrots as a side dish again! I feel like I’ve been missing out for years because I simply overlooked this amazing veggie!
The combo of the garlic, honey, and thyme was seriously delicious.. and not to mention how pretty are these?! Seriously.. swooning over those colors!! You have to give these a try!
These would definitely be beautiful for serving at your Easter table this weekend, but they’re good year round!
I tried these alongside my Whole 30 Lemon Rosemary Crockpot Whole Chicken with my Healthy Green Beans Almondine and it was super yummy, but I know these Honey Thyme Garlic Carrots would be great with pork or even fish too!
Other healthy side dishes:
- Crispy Garlic Thyme Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Garlic Rosemary Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Crispy Rosemary Smashed Potatoes
- Healthy Green Beans Almondine
Honey Thyme Garlic Carrots Recipe
- Bring water to a boil. While water is boiling, slice carrots into ¼ inch thick medallions.
- Boil carrots for 8-10 minutes, until they are slightly tender. While carrots are boiling, whisk together honey, olive oil + thyme.
- Strain carrots and put back in the pot, toss carrots with honey/spicemixture + allow them to cook for another 3-4 minutes.