These Watermelon Mojitos are made with only a few simple ingredients like honey, watermelon and lime juice. The perfect healthier, refreshing cocktail!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
I am SO EXCITED about these Lighter Watermelon Mojitos.
I LOVE mojitos. I don’t drink very often, but when I do – mojitos are my drink of choice, and I like to make them lightened up for a refreshing but delicious drink!
If you had asked me what my favorite drink was 5 years ago I’d probably have told you something like Malibu and orange juice (which I literally gag at the thought of now… SO sweet it gives me a headache!)
Ever since eating healthier, my palate has totally changed and uber sweet drinks do nothing for me (except give me a major hangover!)
Now – I prefer lighter cocktails that are lower in sugar like this Cucumber Lemonade Vodka Cocktail or these Lighter Watermelon Mojitos!
Traditional mojitos are made with a sugar based simple syrup, but these Lighter Watermelon Mojitos are sweetened with just a little bit of honey which I think makes them taste even better, and lets the flavor of the watermelon shine through.
The light watermelon flavor combined with the zip of the lime juice + refreshing mint = perfect combo!!
We love these because they are super light, very refreshing + are perfect for sipping on during a hot summer day. Since they aren’t overloaded with sugar they don’t leave you feeling full and don’t give us that awful sugar induced hangover the next day.
(unless of course you drink 4 or 5 of them.. but I just wouldn’t recommend that to anyone… not speaking from experience or anything 😉 )
These Lighter Watermelon Mojitos are the perfect Spring/Summer drink + I’m so excited for you to try them!
Ingredients you’ll need to make Lighter Watermelon Mojitos:
We will 100% be sipping on these poolside this Summer (which I wish would hurry up and get here!), but until then – they’re perfect for kicking back with and pretending it’s summer! They’re also great for Cinco De Mayo… maybe along side this Healthy Peach Cucumber Salsa or with tacos?? You be the judge!
Substitutions for Watermelon Mojitos:
- Alcohol – You can sub white rum for a flavored rum if you’d like
- Seltzer – You can use any kind of seltzer or even club soda.
Other yummy healthy cocktails:
- In a blender puree watermelon, lime juice and honey.
- Muddle fresh mint into the pureed mixture. (Do not puree mint!)
- In a cocktail shaker combine watermelon puree, mint leaves, and rum.
- Prepare 2 glasses filled with ice.
- Evenly distribute watermelon/rum mixture in the glasses and top with seltzer or club soda. Garnish with lime slices + mint
- Alcohol - You can sub white rum for a flavored rum if you'd like
- Seltzer - You can use any kind of seltzer or even club soda.