An Easy Mango Overnight Oats Recipe everyone will love! Make this quick mango oatmeal for a healthy breakfast.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and about affiliate links.
We absolutely love mango overnight oats for a quick and easy breakfast! They are perfect for days when you know you will have a really busy morning.
So creamy and delicious with the tropical flavors from the mango and coconut!
This recipe only has 6 healthy ingredients and requires only 5 minutes of prep the night before for a delicious and filling breakfast!
why we love Mango Oats
There is a lot to love about overnight oats. It’s one of our favorite healthy breakfast options because it’s:
- Meal Prep Friendly – These mango oats are great for meal prepping because they only take a few minutes the night before a busy morning to put together. They also last for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Super Easy to Make – Shake up the ingredients and add your toppings in the morning. That’s it!
- High Protein & Delicious– These oats have 12g of protein to help you stay full throughout the day!
Ingredients for Mango Coconut Overnight Oats
Mango oats only require a few ingredients:
You can find substitutions for all of these ingredients below in the green shaded box.
How to Make Mango Oatmeal
- Combine all ingredients, cover + shake vigorously to combine or stir.
- Store in refrigerator for a minimum of 6-8 hours.
- When ready to eat, serve cold or heat in the microwave. Feel free to top with fresh mango and/or shredded coconut flakes.
SUBSTITUTIONS FOR OVERNIGHT OATS MANGO
Rolled Oats: I have not tried this mango oatmeal recipe with quick cook oats. I think it would work, but they might get soggier quicker. I wouldn’t recommend it. Irish/Steel Cut Oats will not work in this recipe. If you need a Steel Cut Oats recipe, this is our favorite Baked Steel Cut Oatmeal Recipe!
Greek Yogurt: You can substitute greek yogurt with non-dairy yogurt if you’d like.
Milk: You can sub almond milk for any kind of milk (dairy, oat, rice, coconut milk, etc). Any kind will work!
Frozen Mango: I haven’t tried to use frozen mangos in this recipe, but I think it would work. Frozen mango chunks are normally pretty big which wouldn’t be ideal for oatmeal.
Best Oats for Mango Overnight Oats
The best oats for mango overnight oats are old fashioned rolled oats. These are the only oats that will work for making overnight oats!
You can’t use quick cook or steel cut oats to make mango overnight oats. With quick cook oats, they can get too mushy when soaking overnight. With steel-cut oats, they can’t soak up the moisture overnight. They need to be cooked with heat to make them edible. If you need a Steel Cut Oats recipe, this is the one we love!
How to Store Mango Oats
Storing: This will last in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container
Freezing: We don’t recommend freezing overnight oats. The oats can get soggy. It’s best to make and enjoy these oats fresh.
Reheating: You can reheat this recipe in the microwave or on the stove.
What to serve with Mango Overnight Oats
You can enjoy mango overnight oats warm or cold. I prefer to enjoy them warm and pop them in the microwave for 1 minute.
You could add in extra toppings like fresh mango, chia seeds, shredded coconut, or other nuts/seeds or serve with:
I hope you love these mango coconut overnight oats as much as we do! It’s easy to make, filling, and delicious!
Pretty much any fruit will be good in overnight oats. Softer fruits like bananas, berries, and diced mango are good for oats because they don’t really need to be cooked. We love our strawberry overnight oats.
Yes! Overnight oats can be great for weight loss. Overnight oats can be high in protein, filling, and delicious. The key to weight loss is being in a caloric deficit.
Yes, you can leave fruit in overnight oats. As time goes on the fruit may become softer so it’s best to enjoy it within 2-3 days.
Other healthy overnight oats recipes:
Looking for other easy meals? Check out these 40+ Healthy Breakfast Recipes. Click here to grab our free healthy breakfast cookbook.
Easy Mango Overnight Oats
- In a mason jar or container, combine all ingredients, cover + shake vigorously to combine or stir. You may need to stir after shaking to evenly distribute.
- Store in refrigerator for a minimum of 6-8 hours
- When ready to eat, serve cold or heat in the microwave.