Paleo Frozen Banana Bites are the perfect healthy dessert or sweet snack! Made with only 4 ingredients, these healthy bites are a delicious, easy treat!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
OK, I’m not going to lie.. I hesitated sharing this Paleo Frozen Banana Bites recipe with you because I thought…Frozen dipped fruit… do people really need a recipe for that?
(Also, because usually.. if I have bananas – I’m going to turn them into Healthy Banana Bread)
Buuut then I noticed that something exactly like these were being sold in the store for almost $6 for the tiniest bag and thought, yep I do need to share this!
Making your own frozen fruit bites is an awesome healthy and delicious frozen treat that everyone will love (plus, it’s quick, easy and waaaay cheaper than what you’re gonna get in the store!)
I originally shared this recipe in a sponsored Instagram post with Kitchfix. Posting it to the blog wasn’t part of our agreement, so this technically isn’t sponsored – but I always like to disclose things!
We just really loved this recipe (and their granola!) and wanted to share it with everyone! Their paleo granola is what makes these paleo frozen banana bites so much better than the store bought ones.
It gives them a yummy crunch without adding any gluten or grains!
Obviously, you could make these without granola and just use bananas, chocolate and coconut oil. I’m sure they would be just as delicious if you don’t have the granola on hand and still want to make these little treats!
You also could add chopped nuts on top, or if you’re feeling a little wild and crazy.. maybe even an almond butter drizzle on top before freezing. YUM!
These little guys are perfect for when you kinda want a dessert, but also don’t want to eat something like a big scoop of ice cream and feel overly full.
I know I personally have a huge sweet tooth and love having just a little something after I eat my dinner. One or two of these slices is usually enough to satisfy my sweet tooth, and they’re nice and cold which is perfect with the Summer heat we have!
If you’re looking for an easy, frozen treat – look no further! These are delicious and super quick to make!
Things you need to make Frozen Banana Bites
Substitutions for Frozen Banana Bites
- Chocolate – You can use whatever chocolate you like
- Granola/Toppings – You can use whatever toppings you want to. Chopped nuts, other granola, or dried fruit would be yummy!
The only bad thing about these paleo frozen banana bites is that they’re kinda addictive! Once you have one you’re gonna want to keep going back for more 🙂 and so will your family! We hope you love them as much as we do!
Other healthy dessert recipes:
- Healthy Strawberry Mango Popsicles
- Healthy Chocolate Donuts
- Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Bites
- Healthy Apple Crisp
- Paleo Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream
Paleo Frozen Banana Bites
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a microwave safe bowl, combine chopped dark chocolate + coconut oil. Microwave on high, stirring every 20 seconds, until smooth (Approx 1 minute).
- Dip the banana slices one by one in dark chocolate, tossing until completely coated (I used a fork) and lay on parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with granola and place into the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Store banana bites in an airtight container for up to a month in the freezer
- Chocolate - You can use whatever chocolate you like
- Granola/Toppings - You can use whatever toppings you want to. Chopped nuts, other granola, or dried fruit would be yummy!