This Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad Recipe is a delicious healthy side dish. Vegan, keto, paleo, and Whole30, it goes great with any meal!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
There is no better side dish than this Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad! It’s packed with all the veggies, nuts, seeds, and the best olive oil/vinegar mix for maximum flavor!
I love this salad as a quick side dish with dinner, (it goes great with Crockpot Whole Chicken !), is perfect for the holidays, and even is great for meal prep.
(You can even eat it raw if you want to !)
Why we love this Shaved Brussel Sprout salad:
- It’s SO easy to make. Like, ridiculously easy and simple. (15 minutes if you buy the shredded brussels sprouts already and 5 minutes if you choose to eat it raw!)
- It’s packed with ALL the veggies. I often find it difficult to get my veggie intake in, but I could easily eat the whole pan of these!
- It’s loaded with healthy fats from pecans, hemp seeds + heart healthy oils!
The base of the salad is obviously shaved Brussels sprouts (which only take about 3 seconds to make if you use the veggie bullet or zero seconds if you buy them pre-shredded which I highly recommend), and then I filled it with all of my favorite nuts/seeds.
Before we go any further… did you know I have a FREE 7 Day Whole30 Meal Plan? Click here for the details!
Brussel Sprout Salad Recipe Ingredients
To make this shaved brussels sprouts salad you’ll need:
- shaved brussels sprouts
- olive oil
- almonds, walnuts, or pecans
- hemp seeds
- dried cranberries
- salt, pepper
- balsamic vinegar
You can find substitutions for all of these ingredients below in the green shaded box.
How to make Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad
- Shave your Brussels sprouts. They only take about 3 seconds to make if you use the veggie bullet or zero seconds if you buy them pre-shredded which I highly recommend. If you are using a mandolin, be VERY careful.
- Sauté your sprouts for a few minutes, then add in your nuts/seeds!
- Sauté for a few more minutes + ta-da! Perfect Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad.
Best way to shred Brussel Sprouts
You can purchase pre-shredded brussels sprouts which is what we recommend. Otherwise, cut brussels sprouts in half, lay flat, and thinly slice from the top working towards the bottom base of the sprouts (which you can discard).
Brussels Sprouts Salad Substitutions
Nut free: Omit nuts. You can also sub with sunflower seeds if you’d like.
Dried Fruit: You can sub dried cranberries with dried cherries, raisins, or any other tried fruit
Time Saving: You can buy shaved brussels sprouts to save time, I usually find them at Trader Joes
Cheese: You could add goat cheese or shaved parmesan if you’re not paleo or whole30
To make lower calorie: Omit pecans. Spray olive oil instead of pouring it into the pan.
Can you eat raw brussel sprouts in a salad?
Yes, you can! I sometimes prefer to eat it raw! When I eat it raw I usually add extra spinach + chicken to make it a full meal! It’s totally delicious either way 🙂
Where do you find naturally sweetened cranberries?
It is difficult to find dried cranberries that are Whole30 / paleo. Eden Brand is the only one I’ve found.
If you can’t find ones that aren’t naturally sweetened, just sub with all natural raisins or any other dried fruit that has no added sugar!
Brussel Sprout Salad Storage
How long is Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad good for? Leftovers will last in the fridge for 3-4 days. Brussel sprouts can get soggy, so these are best served fresh!
Can this be frozen? I wouldn’t recommend freezing these after they have been cooked. They will get soggy.
Can Brussel Sprouts Salad be Reheated? Yes, in the oven, in a skillet, or in the microwave. The microwave is easiest but will make them a little bit soggy, so you may want to reheat in the oven/ toaster oven or in a skillet until warm.
What pairs with Brussel Sprouts Salad?
This Brussels Sprouts salad is so versatile and delicious. It really goes well with anything! Here are some of our favorite ways to serve it:
- with a Whole Roasted Chicken or Crockpot Turkey Breast
- with Buffalo Chicken Meatballs and Crispy Sweet Potatoes
- Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
Brussel Sprouts Salad Recipe FAQ
Yes, you can shave brussels sprouts ahead of time. They will last 2-4 days in the refrigerator. You can store raw shaved brussels sprouts with a paper towel to preserve freshness.
You should wash your brussels sprouts before cutting them. Brussels sprouts can be very dirty, and if you cut them before they’re washed you can push any bacteria from the outside of the sprout to the inside of it.
Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups shaved brussels sprouts (1.5 lbs)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup naturally sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat olive oil in a large pan.
- Add in shaved brussels sprouts and sauté until they start to get tender (About 5 minutes)
- Add in pecans, hemp seeds, cranberries, salt, pepper, rosemary + balsamic vinegar. Stir to combine + serve.
- Nut free: Omit nuts. You can also sub with sunflower seeds if you’d like.
- Dried Fruit: You can sub dried cranberries with dried cherries, raisins, or any other tried fruit
- Time Saving: You can buy shaved brussels sprouts to save time, I usually find them at Trader Joes
- Cheese: You could add goat cheese or shaved parmesan if you’re not paleo or whole30
Leave a Review