This is an honest Winc Review talking about the wine subscription service that delivers right to your door! See if Winc is worth it, what it costs + more!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links. This post was originally shared in 2019 but has since been updated.
Table of Contents
What is Winc?
Winc is a monthly wine subscription box. Each month you pay $59.95 for credits that can be used on the wines you like.
The credits rollover so you can save up to buy a case or order a case monthly.
Shipping is free on orders of $50 or more or $9 for orders under 3 bottles.
Every month Winc recommends bottles for you. The range of the bottles varies but the total cost will be between $52-$59.
If you’re ready to try Winc, click here to free shipping and 4 bottles of wine for $29.95!
Winc Coupon Code:
Since I know you guys love a good deal, you can use this link to get $29 off your first Winc delivery!
How much does Winc cost?
Winc has a bit of an odd pricing model.
- Each month you pay $59.95 for credits that can be used on the wines you like.
- The credits rollover so you can save up to buy a case or order a case monthly.
- Shipping is free on orders of $50 or more or $9 for orders under 3 bottles.
The cost of the membership is the same every month- $59.95, but the cost of the bottles can range from $52-59 depending on what wines you get. If you don’t get $59.95 worth of wine, your ‘credits’ roll over to the next month.
Every month, Winc will select 4 different wines for you, but you can always adjust and add more bottles or different bottles to your order.
If you like Winc’s wines (which we really do!) you can order separately or in addition to your monthly subscription. You get 10% off when you order 12 or more bottles. This is great for gifts/the holiday season!
How Winc Works:
When you’re ready to try Winc:
- You’ll take a super short quiz about your palate/flavors that you like. The questions are very simple!
- Winc will select the wines they think you’ll enjoy – or you can go ahead and adjust to add bottles you want to try.
- Each month, Winc will ship you a box of 4 wines OR you can skip your month of wine!
Try Winc today and get 4 bottles of wine for $29.95 (that’s over $25 off!)
This Summer Water Rose is SO good!
Is Winc any good?
We think it is! You’re getting good quality wine, at a really reasonable price. It’s also being delivered right to your door so it takes away you having to run to a liquor store and try to figure out what to buy!
There’s a lot to love about Winc!
- Good quality wine – The wine is really delicious. I honestly was not expecting it to be as good as it is! I’m pretty picky when it comes to wines, but Tyler + I have both really loved all of the ones we have tried. So far my favorite is the Funk Zone + Tyler loves the Chop Shop.
- Affordable – The wine is super reasonably priced. We spend around $15-$20 on a bottle of wine at our local liquor store, so these are right in our price range. They also have some fancier/pricier wines on their site if you’re into that!
- Easy – You guys know I’m all about convenience love having things delivered to me (uhm hello, ButcherBox & Daily Harvest!). I always feel like I know nothing when I walk into our local wine shop and get sold on something I don’t always love. I like that I don’t have to go anywhere and Winc does the shopping for me!
- Pretty packaging – The bottles are really beautiful! They make great gifts.
- Committed to sustainability- Winc is pretty open about their sustainability practices which we appreciate
- A lot of options: There are over 50 different varieties of wines on Winc which means there is something for everyone!
- Recommendations based on your ratings: Winc recommends wines they think you’ll like based on your previous ratings/quiz results
Cons of Winc:
Honestly, we really don’t have any cons with Winc. We really love it! However, the only things I could think of are:
The subscription model – We easily drink/use 4 bottles of wine per month whether through hosting, cooking or just kicking back and relaxing on the weekends. However, you might not need or use 4 bottles of wine per month. (Although you can cancel or skip a delivery at any time.)
Delivery – Someone needs to be present for delivery and Winc can’t deliver in all states. You can check by your zip code on their site. I’ve also found that most delivery services will leave packages if you leave a note on the door so it shouldn’t be a problem!
Credit System- I think that Winc’s pricing model is a little weird/confusing with the credits but as long as you pay attention to it, it’s not that challenging to figure out. I set a calendar reminder for all of my subscription services to make sure I don’t miss them!
Is Winc worth it?
We think Winc is totally worth it! Winc takes out the guessing in picking out good wine, and they take out the time you’d spend going to/hunting for the best bottle at the liquor store.
The wine is delicious, it’s affordable, and it’s fun! Who wouldn’t want to test out new yummy wine every month?!
If you want to try Winc you can get $29 off your first box when you click here!
Does Winc have good wines?
Yes! Winc has great wines! We really like the Chop Shop & Summer Water
Who is Winc for?
- People who drink at least 4 bottles of wine per month
- Those who like average wine- If you prefer super fancy/expensive wine, Winc is for your. If you’re an average wine drinker, I think you’ll love it.. but if you really are into tasting/notes/learning about vineyards.. you might need something a little more upscale!
- Those who like a fun element of surprise with their wine!
Who is Winc not for?
- Those who like fancy/expensive wine
- People who don’t like subscription services
Winc charges $59.95 every month for ‘credits’. You can use your credits to buy bottles of wine, but the cost of per 4 monthly bottles can range from $52-59 depending on what wines you get. If you don’t get $59.95 worth of wine, your credits roll over to the next month.
Yes! It’s very easy to cancel Winc. You can cancel any time by live chat, or by texting 855-282-5829.
We think Winc is a good deal! It’s an easy, convenient way to get wine delivered to your door at a fair price.
Winc ships with 2 days of ordering.
Is it easy to cancel Winc?
Yes! I really don’t think you’re going to want to cancel, but it’s super easy to cancel if you need to! You can cancel any time by live chat, or by texting 855-282-5829