Beef Stuffed Acorn Squash
Beef Stuffed Acorn Squash is an easy, healthy dinner recipe the whole family will love. Packed with veggies & fall flavor, it's delicious & simple to make.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 4 people
WW Freestyle Points 3
- 2 acorn squash halved
- 1 tablespoon La Tourangelle Walnut Oil
- 1/2 cup onion diced finely
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups baby bella mushrooms chopped
- 1/4 cup dried figs chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat baking sheet. Grease baking sheet lightly with walnut oil to prevent squash from sticking.
Slice acorn squash in half, scoop out seeds and place flat on sheet greased with walnut oil. Bake the squash for 20 minutes, until it is tender when pierced with a fork.
While the squash cooks - heat La Tourangelle Walnut Oil in large pan. Sauté onions and garlic until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add in ground beef and cook for an additional 10 minutes until browned.
Once meat is browned, add in chopped mushrooms, dried figs, chicken stock, pecans, herbs, pepper and salt to the pan with the beef. Sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
When the squash is done, remove from the oven + scoop out most of the cooked center, leaving the mostly empty squash 'boat' on the baking sheet.
Add the squash filling to the beef/veggie/mushroom mixture in the pan + stir until completely mixed in. Scoop the beef/squash mixture back into the empty squash + top with cheese.
Bake them at 450 for 5-10 minutes until cheese melts, and then broil for 2-3 minutes so the cheesy gets crispy.
Substitutions for this Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe:
Weight Watchers Note:
With the recipe as is, this meal is 13.5SP. This can be a 2.5SP meal if you follow the following substitutions: Save 1 SP per serving by cooking with an oil spray rather than pouring into the pan. Current points calculated using 95/5 ground beef. You can sub 99% fat free turkey for beef and save 4SP per serving. Save 3SP per serving by omitting pecans. Save 3SP per serving if you use fat free cheese.
- Mushrooms: If you don't like mushrooms you can omit them
- Dried Fruit: If you don't have figs dried cranberries or raisins would be delicious
- To make nut free: omit pecans and use one of La Tourangelle's other delicious oils like this one
- To make dairy free: omit the cheese
- To make paleo/whole30: omit the cheese
- Squash: If you don't have acorn squash, this recipe would work well with spaghetti squash
Beef Stuffed Acorn Squash
Amount Per Serving (0.5 g)
Calories from Fat 360
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 14g88%
Vitamin A 1074IU21%
Vitamin C 25mg30%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.