Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
Healthy Pumpkin Muffins are a delicious, low sugar fall breakfast. Naturally gluten + dairy free - these muffins are easy to make and so tasty!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 12 muffins
WW Freestyle Points 4
Preheat oven to 350 + prepare a greased or lined muffin tin.
Pulse oats in blender until flour like consistency. Remove from blender + set aside in a bowl
Add honey, pumpkin puree, eggs, egg white + almond milk to blender. Pulse until smooth. Gradually add in oat flour, baking soda + spices.
When completely blended, stir in chocolate chips (do not blend!).
Pour batter into greased or lined muffin tins. Sprinkle with extra chocolate chips on top if you'd like.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center
Recipe Note: This recipe used to use dates. I have removed them because I find the texture is better with honey. This recipe also used to have collagen. You can add 1/4 cup collagen peptides to this recipe if you would like.
Substitutions for healthy pumpkin muffins:
There are A LOT of ways to customize these healthy pumpkin muffins to your taste buds/dietary needs. Here are a few:
- Milk: You can use any milk you like in this recipe. Dairy or non dairy (almond, soy, oat) will all work
- Oats: You can sub old fashioned rolled oats for 2 cups of oat flour.
- Sweetener: You can sub maple syrup for the honey in this recipe.
- Add ins: I like adding chocolate chips, but nuts, dried cranberries, or seeds are also delicious
- Spices: You can use 3.5 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice in these muffins. If you do not have nutmeg or cloves, just add a little bit more cinnamon/ginger.
- Vegan: I have not tried making these muffins vegan, but you might be able to substitute the eggs with flax eggs. You can substitute maple syrup for honey.
- WW Freestyle Note: Calculations were done using Lily's Chocolate Chips. You can probably sub sugar free syrup for honey to save points (honey accounts for 2SP per muffin).
- Blender: If you don't have a blender, you can make these in a mixing bowl. I'd recommend using oat flour. You can't use whole oats to make this recipe, they will not cook.
Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
Amount Per Serving (1 muffin)
Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g6%
Vitamin A 4817IU96%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.