Caprese Meatballs are the perfect easy, healthy meal! Low carb, filled with flavor, and done in 30 minutes - they're great for dinner or meal prepping!
Servings 4 people (~5 meatballs each)
WW Freestyle Points 3
- 1 lb turkey
- 1/2 cup mozzarella balls diced in small pieces
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil finely chopped
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 400.
Prepare a parchment paper lined baking sheet (not foil!)
In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix until combined.
Roll into 1.5 tablespoon balls. If the batter is sticking to your hands, spray them with a little bit of olive oil or pour olive oil into your hands. You can also use a cookie scoop.
Bake for 25 minutes or until meatballs are golden brown on the outside.
Serve over a salad or with rice, cauliflower rice or pasta.
Substitutions for Caprese Meatballs:
- Meat: You can make these meatballs with ground beef, ground chicken or ground turkey
- Cheese: I used fresh mozzarella balls in this recipe - they have so much more flavor than regular shredded mozzarella. You can use shredded mozzarella, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you have to!
- Almond Flour: If you're allergic to nuts, you can sub breadcrumbs for almond flour.
- Dairy Free: You can omit the parmesan/mozzarella but these will not be as flavorful!
- WW Notes: Use 99% fat free turkey. The only points in this recipe come from the almond flour (4) mozzarella (6) and olive oil (3).
- Fresh Basil: You can sub 2 tablespoons fresh basil for 1 teaspoon dried basil. We recommend fresh herbs if you have them!
Amount Per Serving (5 meatballs (approx))
Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 3g19%
Vitamin A 189IU4%
Vitamin C 4mg5%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.