Healthy Turkey Meatballs
Healthy Turkey Meatballs are a nutritious twist on a classic Italian dish. Whole30 friendly, paleo, gluten free, dairy free and so delicious! Made with lean turkey and fresh herbs- they're the perfect dinner! I love pairing with tomato sauce and zucchini noodles.
Servings 6 servings of approx 5 meatballs
WW Freestyle Points 4
Optional if not paleo/whole 30:
Spray a lined baking sheet with olive oil. (Or use nonstick foil/parchment paper).
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined
Roll into approximately 1.5 inch balls and place on cookie sheet.
Bake the meatballs for 10-15 minutes, then flip and bake for another 10-15 minutes on the other side.
Instant Pot Instructions
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until combined. Roll into approximately 1.5 inch balls and place on cookie sheet.
Freeze meatballs for 10 minutes to make them easier to handle.
Once meatballs have been frozen, place trivet insert into Instant Pot. Pour 1 cup of water into bottom of pot.
Place meatballs on top of trivet, stacking as needed.
Cover instant pot and make sure the pressure release is set to sealing. Set instant pot to pressure cook for 7 minutes.
Allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes. Release any remaining pressure and remove with tongs.
See Notes for additional tips/tricks for cooking meatballs in instant pot.
Substitutions for Healthy Turkey Meatballs:
Instant Pot Notes
- Nut free: sub almond meal with breadcrumbs (this will make the meatballs non-whole30)
- Coconut/Almond Flour - If you don't have coconut flour or almond meal you can sub whole wheat breadcrumbs
- Herbs - If you don't have fresh herbs you can used dried (but fresh have so much more flavor!)
- Meat- You can sub chicken or beef for the turkey
- Extra Veggies -You can add in chopped spinach or kale for extra veggies. I actually like to pulse in the food processor so it get's super find. You can't even taste it!
- WW Freestyle Note: Points calculated using 99% fat free turkey
- Cook time does not include time to come to pressure (about 14 minutes).
- Freezing meatballs isn't necessary but will make the meatballs easier to handle and they won't cook together in the pot.
- If you want the meatballs to be browned, you can either sauté them before cooking. In the Instant Pot you can use the sauté method - be sure to scrape off any bits of food on the bottom of the pan before cooking or you may get a burn notice.
- You can also sauté or broil meatballs after cooking to brown them.
Healthy Turkey Meatballs
Amount Per Serving (5 meatballs (approx))
Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 4g25%
Vitamin A 405IU8%
Vitamin C 4.7mg6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.