This Easy DIY Sugar Scrub is so easy to make. Made with only three ingredients and done in under 5 minutes, it’s the perfect homemade gift! This post is sponsored by my friends at NOW®.
This DIY Sugar Scrub is without a doubt going to be your new favorite way to treat yourself! It’s made with only 3 ingredients: sugar, coconut oil, and your favorite essential oils. It’s great for using in the shower to exfoliate your skin, and it makes an awesome gift for the holiday season!
I’ve been a fan of sugar scrubs forever. I have super dry skin, especially in the winter, and find that exfoliating it helps keep it moisturized + healthy! After years of paying for scrubs, I decided to make my own and was blown away by how simple (and cheap!) it was to make. Now I only make my own. Let me show you how easy it is to make!
How to make DIY Sugar Scrub:
Step 1: Gather all your ingredients.
Things we used to make this sugar scrub:
We love NOW® essential oils + use them for so many things! I’m constantly diffusing then throughout my house, but they add such a nice scent to these sugar scrubs! The Lavender + Tee Tree is one of my favorites. I find the scent to be so relaxing! You can totally use whatever your favorite essential oils are though – I’ve made this with both citrus scents + eucalyptus and it was great!
Step 2: Whisk your ingredients together in a glass or stainless steel bowl. When combined, the sugar scrub should be soft and almost a fluffy consistency.
Step 3: Store your sugar scrub in a glass jar + enjoy!
How to store DIY Sugar Scrub:
It’s necessary that you store this sugar scrub in a glass container. Essential oils can strip plastic and should always be stored in glass. I recommend storing this sugar scrub in an airtight container. It will last up to 2 months if you’re careful not to get water in it, although I’m sure you’ll use it up before then 🙂
How do you use this DIY Sugar Scrub?
I like to take about 1 tablespoons and exfoliate all over in the shower. I rub the sugar scrub on my legs, arms, back and stomach. My skin is left super smooth! I wouldn’t recommend using this sugar scrub on your face only because your skin is much more sensitive on your face and the coarse sugar might be too abrasive.
DIY Sugar Scrub Variations:
- You can sub in olive oil for coconut oil if preferred
- Any essential oil scent will work well in this, I personally love lavender, eucalyptus and tea tree, but citrus scents would also be great. (Be cautions when using citrus essential oils, as many can cause skin to be more sensitive to sunlight) I love this blend.
- You can add things like lemon zest or lavender flowers to add texture and make your sugar scrub a little fancier. I’d add about 1/2 teaspoon
- If you don’t have fractionated liquid coconut oil, you can use regular coconut oil. Melt it + allow it to cool before mixing with sugar
DIY Sugar Scrub
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon fractionated liquid coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon essential oils
- In a stainless steel or glass bowl, whisk together all ingredients.
- Store in an airtight glass jar. To use, take 2 tablespoons + exfoliate on wet skin. It is best to use in shower!
Disclaimer: Natural essential oils are highly concentrated and should be used with care. Do not exceed dilutions recommended for this recipe. For adults only. Keep out of reach of children. Not for internal use. Eucalyptus oil may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. Avoid contact with eyes. Consult healthcare practitioner before using if pregnant/nursing. Not intended for use with pets. Discontinue and consult your healthcare practitioner if rash appears after skin contact.