Easy Taco Pasta is the best one pan dinner! Healthy, cheesy, and delicious, this recipe for taco pasta is great for a quick 30 minute dinner. This post is sponsored by my friends at ButcherBox.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and about affiliate links.
This Cheesy Taco Pasta is going to be your new favorite weeknight dinner. It’s made with only 10 basic ingredients that you probably already have on hand AND it’s cooked in one pan!
Ground beef and pasta get cooked together in a rich cheesy sauce to make the perfect cozy one pan beef taco pasta dinner.
This one pot Taco Pasta Recipe is a must try – here’s why we love it:
why we love this Taco Pasta Recipe
There is a lot to love about this easy dinner recipe. Here’s why we love it:
- One Pan: This beef taco pasta is made in one pan. The beef, pasta and sauce all cook together which means easy clean up and only one dish to wash! If you want more one pot meals, check out these 60+ Healthy One Pot Meals!
- Budget Friendly Ingredients: Taco Pasta is an affordable dinner to make with basic pantry staples!
- Great for meal prep: This dish is great for meal prep, it’s one of the few meals that actually taste even better the next day after the flavors have melded together!
Ingredients for Cheesy Taco Pasta
To make cheesy taco pasta you’ll need:
- ButcherBox Ground Beef
- onion, garlic
- red bell peppers
- taco seasoning
- shells pasta
- tomato paste
- beef broth
- cheddar cheese
You can find substitutions for all of these ingredients below in the green shaded box.
We’ve been ButcherBox customers for many years and absolutely love it. Here’s why we enjoy it so much:
- Convenient: Every month all the meat we need arrives right at our door!
- Affordable: Grocery store meat is expensive. Per pound, I find it’s cheaper to get organic meat from ButcherBox (check out this post where I did a ButcherBox Price Comparison)
- Delicious: You really can taste the difference with ButcherBox meat!
How to Make Beef Taco Pasta
Making taco pasta is SO easy! Here’s how to do it:
- Brown the ground beef, onion, garlic and peppers in the pan until cooked through- about 10 minutes.
- Add in the taco seasoning, raw pasta, tomato paste, broth, and water. Stir, cover and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove cover and reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally until pasta is done and liquid is reduced.
- Move the pan off the heat and add in shredded cheese.
- Stir until combined and enjoy!
SUBSTITUTIONS FOR EASY TACO PASTA
Peppers: Peppers are optional, but a great way to add extra veggies. Feel free to add more peppers or add some chopped spinach in at the end to amp up the veggies.
Taco Seasoning: I like to make my own taco seasoning because it’s lower in salt and has less preservatives. Be mindful if making this with store bought taco seasoning and broth as it could be very salty! If you want a more mild flavored dish – try our Hamburger Helper.
Pasta: Shells work the best in this recipe, but you can use rotini or farfalle (cook time is all similar). We don’t recommend gluten free pasta for this recipe. This recipe is a one pan pasta recipe and gluten free pasta can get very mushy. Use at your own risk!
Lower Sodium: Be mindful of store-bought taco seasoning and broth as they can be very high in sodium.
Cheddar Cheese: You can omit the cheese from this recipe to make it dairy free if you’d like, but it really does add flavor! We haven’t tried this recipe with other types of cheeses but I think pepper jack or Monterey jack cheese would be delicious. Pro Tip: We recommend using a block of cheddar cheese and grating it yourself as pre-shredded cheeses don’t melt as well.
Other Mix Ins: Feel free to add black beans, corn, cream cheese or jalapenos to your dish!
How to Make Your Own Taco Seasoning:
Making your own homemade taco seasoning is so easy! Check out our Taco Seasoning Recipe.
- 3 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Can you use leftover taco meat?
Yes! You can totally make this recipe with left over taco meat.
Warm your leftover meat in a pan, and skip directly to step 3 . You can skip the extra taco seasoning!
How to Serve Taco Meat Pasta
Taco Pasta is a complete meal in itself and it really doesn’t need anything to go with it. However, if you’re looking for ideas on how to serve it try:
- Adding toppings: Extra cheese, sour cream, chopped cilantro or diced olives are all delicious additions
- Serve with a salad: If you’re looking for a yummy salad to serve with this try Avocado Ranch Salad, Blueberry Salad, Taco Salad, or Easy Kale Salad
- Add Extra Veggies: Feel free to add more peppers, chopped spinach or chopped broccoli into this pasta dish to amp up the veggies
How to Store Cheesy Taco Pasta
Storing: This taco pasta will last in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container
Freezing: You can freeze this recipe for up to 3 months. We like these containers for freezing! The pasta might get a little soggy in the freezer, but it will still be delicious!
Reheating: You can reheat this recipe in the microwave or on the stove. If the pasta feels dry, add a splash of water or broth when reheating.
Other healthy one pan dinner recipes:
If you want more easy dinners, click here to grab our free healthy 30 minute dinners cookbook! Here are some of our favorite one pan dinners:
Cheesy Taco Pasta
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Spray the pan with olive oil.
- Brown ground beef, onion, garlic and peppers in the pan until cooked through- about 10 minutes.
- Add in the taco seasoning, raw uncooked pasta, tomato paste, broth, and water. Stir, cover and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove cover and reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally for 12-14 minutes or until pasta is done and liquid is reduced by 3/4.
- Move the pan off the heat and add in shredded cheese.
- Stir until combined, taste for salt and pepper and add more as desired.