An Easy One Pot French Onion Pasta that is so delicious! This Onion Pasta recipe is rich, flavorful and quick to make!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and about affiliate links.
We know you are going to love this One Pot French Onion Pasta as much as we do!
You’ll Love this Caramelized Onion Pasta Recipe
There is a lot to love about this recipe. It’s one of our favorite healthy dinners because it’s:
- Budget-friendly: This caramelized onion pasta is an affordable dinner, using pantry staples you probably already have.
- High Protein: Packed with protein, each serving of this pasta has 22 grams.
- Made in one pot: This means fewer dishes at the end of dinner, which everyone loves! If you want more one pot meals, check out these 60+ Healthy One Pot Meals!
French Onion Pasta Ingredients
Ingredients for one pot french onion pasta:
- olive oil
- garlic, onions, mushrooms
- white wine
- dried thyme, dried parsley, dried oregano, salt, black pepper
- chicken broth
- orecchiette pasta
- parmesan cheese
You can find substitutions for all of these ingredients below in the green shaded box.
How To Make French Onion Soup Pasta
- In a pan, heat olive oil. Add minced garlic and onions. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, occasionally stir. Add wine and mushrooms. Cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Add spices, pasta, and broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer for 5 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
- When pasta is finished cooking, stir in parmesan cheese. Tip – use fresh grated parmesan cheese for a super creamy sauce!
- Top with fresh parsley and black pepper if you’d like, serve warm, & enjoy!
SUBSTITUTIONS FOR CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA:
White Wine: Apple cider vinegar or lemon juice would work instead of wine in this recipe. It adds an acidic flavor to give this recipe a kick.
Orecchiette Pasta: Shells, penne, orzo, or any pasta would work in this recipe.
What to Serve with Onion Pasta
French Onion Pasta FAQ
Yes, raw onions will cook once added to the pasta, and add lots of flavors.
You would add flour to French onion soup to help thicken it. This recipe doesn’t need flour.
Adding salt to caramelized onions will help the onions soften. There’s no need to add sugar to deeply caramelized onions, they’ll get sweeter on their own.
Other one-pot pasta recipes:
Looking for other absolutely delicious recipes? Check out these Healthy Pasta Recipes. Click here to grab our free healthy 30 minute dinners cookbook.
French Onion Pasta
- In a pan, heat olive oil. Add minced garlic and onions. Cover and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. The onions should start to soften and brown.
- After 15 minutes, add white wine and mushrooms. Cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Add spices, pasta and broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer for 5 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
- When pasta is finished cooking, stir in parmesan cheese. Tip – use freshly grated parmesan cheese for a super creamy sauce!
- Top with fresh parsley and black pepper if you’d like & enjoy!