The best Crock Pot Chicken Wings Recipe that is SO easy to make! Learn how to make the best slow cooker chicken wings for snacking on!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and about affiliate links.
If you’ve never made wings in your crockpot, they are so simple to make and get perfectly crispy during the final cooking in the oven.
Only 5 ingredients and around 3.5 hours to get the most delicious slow-cooked chicken wings!
Why make Chicken Wings in the Crock Pot?
Here are just a few of the reasons to try cooking your wings in your crock pot:
- Easy to make – While it does take over 3 hours to make these wings, like the majority of crock pot recipes, it’s pretty much just dump-and-cook other than the final cooking time in the oven to get perfectly crispy skin.
- Super tender – Because they are cooked low and slow, the chicken gets incredibly, fall off the bone tender!
- Lighter than frying – The fat on the wings cooks off, so it’s a little bit lighter than the traditional frying method of cooking wings.
Crock Pot Chicken Wings Ingredients
To make these crockpot wings you will need:
You can find substitutions for all of these ingredients below in the green shaded substitutions box.
How many Chicken Wings in a pound?
Individual raw chicken wings weigh roughly 3 oz each, so there are about 5-6 wings in each pound.
I personally find it’s best to do 3/4- 1 lb of raw wings per person when serving. This recipe is made to feed 3-4 people as written, but can easily be doubled or tripled to feed a crowd!
How To Make Chicken Wings in Crock Pot
- Toss chicken wings, buffalo sauce, orange juice, and spices in your crockpot
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Before serving, prepare a lined baking sheet. Add chicken wings to the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes at 425 or until golden brown.
- *Optional: before serving, toss with 2 tablespoons of additional buffalo sauce.
How long to cook Chicken Wings in Crock Pot
For this recipe, the wings are cooked in the crockpot for 3-4 hours on low then 30 minutes in the oven to crisp them up.
How to cut Chicken Wings
We find it’s best to buy precut chicken wings. If you’re feeding a crowd, it’s much easier and will save you so much time!
You can make this recipe with whole chicken wings, but we don’t recommend it, so if you did find a great deal on whole chicken wings and want to cut them to the traditional drumette, wingette, and tip, here is a helpful video.
We love to get our chicken wings from ButcherBox because they are precut and such good quality!
SUBSTITUTIONS FOR CROCKPOT CHICKEN WINGS
Chicken Wings: You can substitute chicken wings for drumettes. We have not made this with boneless chicken wings.
Buffalo Sauce: You can substitute buffalo sauce for your favorite BBQ sauce, hot sauce or any other wing sauce you like. A warning: sauces with sugar may burn when you bake them in the oven so just watch them carefully.
Weight Watchers Note: Chicken wings are one point per serving on blue. The other ingredients have zero points.
How to cook frozen Chicken Wings in Crock Pot
We do not recommend cooking frozen wings in the crock pot. This is a food safety issue. If your chicken wings don’t thaw properly, your chicken could be undercooked.
How to reheat Chicken Wings
Reheating crock pot chicken wings are very easy!
- Oven: On a parchment-lined baking sheet for 400° for 5-10 mins
- Airfryer: 400° for 3-5 minutes
- Toaster oven: Until warmed through
- Microwave: We don’t recommend it!
What goes with Chicken Wings?
Crock pot chicken wings are traditionally an appetizer for game day and would be great served with ranch or blue cheese dressing next to our Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip or our Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip.
However, if you are wanting to make them as a meal, we think they would go great with:
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- Dijon Roasted Potatoes
- Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
- Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
- Easy Farro Salad
Storing Chicken Wings
How to serve – We love these crock pot chicken wings served as an appetizer. Before serving, toss with 2 tablespoons of additional buffalo sauce for an extra kick
Freezing – We don’t recommend freezing these wings.
Slow Cooker Chicken Wings
- In a crockpot, toss chicken wings, buffalo sauce, orange juice and spices until evenly coated
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- A half hour before serving, preheat the oven to 425.
- Prepare a nonstick foil lined baking sheet. Add chicken wings to the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Optional: before serving, toss with 2 tablespoons of additional buffalo sauce.