Parmesan Chicken Wings are an easy, delicious keto appetizer! Keep them paleo/Whole30 without the cheese. Either way they’re crispy, healthy and flavorful!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
However, I think we can all agree that WINGS remain supreme when it comes to appetizers/snacks.
They’re the ultimate party food.
And Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings?? Well, they DEFINITELY will steal the show.
Ingredients for Garlic Parmesan Wings
To make these wings you’ll need:
- chicken wings
- olive oil
- baking powder
- salt, pepper
- garlic powder
- dried oregano, dried parsley, dried basil and dried thyme.
- grated parmesan cheese
You can find substitutions for all of these ingredients below in the green shaded box.
How to make Garlic Parmesan Wings
- The first step to making baked garlic parmesan chicken wings is patting your chicken wings until they’re dry. DON’T skip this step, it helps with getting the chicken super crispy skin!
- In a bowl mix together garlic powder, baking powder, salt and pepper. Toss with dry wings until coated.
- Place wings on top of the cooling racks on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, flip and bake for an additional 25 minutes.
- While wings cook, whisk together olive oil + herbs.
- Remove wings from the oven. Add to a bowl and toss with olive oil/herb mixture.
- Once coated in olive oil + herbs, toss with grated parmesan cheese after you coat in the olive oil/herb mixture.
Here’s what they look like tossed with grated parmesan cheese. SO yummy.
How to bake wings in the oven
You can bake these wings in the oven or grill them. We prefer to bake them in the oven and have included some tips on how to get crispy wings in the oven below.
Tips for crispy garlic parmesan wings
Here are some tips for getting crispy baked garlic parmesan chicken wings:
Pat dry before baking – Always pat your chicken wings dry before baking them. We use paper towels. This helps remove excess moisture, which allows your seasonings to stick to the wings better, or for your olive oil to adhere to the wings better.
How many garlic parmesan chicken wings per person
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled depending on your crowd. When cooking wings for -you’ll need 1 lb raw chicken wings per person.
Chicken wings lose about 1/2 of their weight when you cook them. So if you cook 4 lbs, you’ll wind up with about 2lbs in cooked wings. Please note that your exact yield and nutrition facts will always vary.
Substitutions for baked garlic parmesan chicken wings:
Dried Herbs: You can replace dried basil, oregano, parsley and thyme interchangeably if you’re missing one. You can also omit any of them and still wind up with yummy chicken wings!
Parmesan Cheese: If you’re following a paleo or Whole30 diet – just skip the parmesan cheese. If you love parm – try this Chicken Parmesan Pasta!
Fresh Herbs: We don’t recommend using fresh herbs in these wings. They will not adhere to the wings as well as dried herbs.
Have questions? We have answers!
Garlic parmesan sauce is made with olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic and herbs. It’s light, cheesy and loaded with flavor!
The key to making a chicken wing not soggy and super crispy is patting each of them dry before baking and baking on a wire rack. Baking on a wire rack allows the air to circulate while baking which results in crispy garlic parmesan chicken wings. Baking powder also helps with crispy wings!
Baking powder helps make the chicken skin crispy and delicious!
Love chicken? Check out our favorite healthy chicken recipes!
Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Preheat oven to 450. Prepare a baking sheet with metal cooling racks on top. Grease the cooling racks with baking spray
- Pat chicken wings dry with paper towels.
- In a bowl mix together garlic powder, baking powder, salt, pepper. Toss with dry wings until coated.
- Place chicken wings on top of the cooling racks. Bake for 25 minutes, flip and bake for an additional 25 minutes.
- While chicken wings cook, whisk together olive oil + herbs.
- Remove chicken wings from the oven. Add to a bowl and toss with olive oil/herb mixture.
- Once coated with oil mixture, toss with parmesan cheese (skip if paleo/Whole30)