Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip is a delicious, lighter version of your favorite appetizer! Easy, gluten free, keto & loaded with flavor – you’ll love it! There is no cream cheese in this recipe (you don’t need it!)
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
I mean is there anything better than cheesy, spicy healthy buffalo chicken dip? Let me answer that for you… uh no, no there is not.
Seriously who thought of this? Like let’s take two of the best things ever, cheese, and franks red hot, mix them with chicken, and bake them until it’s all melty and delicious? IDK who thought of it, but I love them for it.
Buffalo chicken dip often get’s a bad rep, but this healthy buffalo chicken dip is about to change that.
It still tastes absolutely amazing, and is just a little bit lighter than regular buffalo chicken dip.P.S. – if you’re looking for another delicious dip you should try this Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip!
What makes this buffalo chicken dip healthy?
Buffalo chicken dip is usually made with tons of cheese, ranch or blue cheese dressing and cream cheese which makes it super high in fat.
I swapped out cream cheese/dressing for greek yogurt and cottage cheese.Yes.. you read that right, there is NO cream cheese in this recipe!
The greek yogurt/cottage cheese mix still makes this rich and creamy, with way less fat and a whole lot more protein!
I also added a little bit less cheese to it, but if you want to go ahead and add more in – I’m not going to tell you no. Live your best life, ADD THAT CHEESE.
Now, let’s get into what you’re here for – how do you make healthy buffalo chicken dip?!
Ingredients for healthy buffalo chicken dip:
Making healthy buffalo chicken dip is ridiculously easy. You only need 6 ingredients.
How to make healthy buffalo chicken dip:
Once you have your ingredients all laid out mix them together until thoroughly combined.
Then – pour into an 8×8 glass baking dish (or a glass pie plate!) and bake!
You can totally top with extra cheese before popping it in the oven, but you don’t have to!
How to serve healthy buffalo chicken dip:
There’s no wrong way to eat this healthy buffalo chicken dip.. but here are a few ideas
Chips – these chips are yummy!
Pretzels – (I love these flat ones for dipping!)
Veggies – Celery, peppers and carrots go well with this.
A spoon… kidding? Not really. It’s that good.
Substituions for this skinny buffalo chicken dip:
This buffalo chicken dip is pretty easy to make and customize.
Cottage cheese: I haven’t tested this recipe without cottage cheese, but if you’re asking because you don’t like it… just put it in there. I don’t like cottage cheese either (at all!) but I swear you can not taste it in this.
Blue Cheese: I know some people do not like blue cheese, so you don’t have to use it. I have made this with goat cheese and it’s delicious, but you can also sub in more of whatever cheese you like (pepper jack, cheddar, mozzarella, etc.) Any + all cheese will be delicious!
Low fat cheese – I find that low fat cheese do not melt as well as regular cheeses, but they will work in this recipe if you like them. It may make the dip watery.
WW Freestyle Note: The points that were calculated for this recipe used reduce fat blue cheese crumbles, low fat cheddar cheese + low fat cottage cheese.
Vegetarian: We made a vegetarian version of this recipe! Check out our Vegetarian Buffalo Dip.
Can you make this keto buffalo chicken dip in the crockpot?
How to make shredded chicken
You have a few options for how to make shredded chicken.
Rotisserie Chicken: You can buy a rotisserie chicken and shred it up (Save the bones and make easy crockpot bone broth !)
Boiled chicken: You can boil chicken for about 15 minutes until it is entirely cooked and then shred.
Canned Chicken: You could use canned chicken… but TBH I think it’s gross and bouncy. You do you though! If you do use canned chicken make sure to drain it EXTREMELY well. If you don’t you’ll be left with a water mess.
Other healthy buffalo chicken recipes:
- Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Boats
- Paleo Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Healthy Buffalo Turkey Meatballs
- Vegetarian Buffalo Dip
Popular The Clean Eating Couple Recipes
- How to Make Turkey Soup
- Daily Harvest Price
- Butcher Box Price
- Crockpot Recipes Healthy
- Instant Pot Chicken Recipes Healthy
- Pumpkin Muffin Recipes
- Russet Potato Recipes
- Baked French Fries Recipe
- Crock Pot Pulled Pork
- Instant Pot 15 Bean Soup
- Blueberry Crisp Recipes
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- ½ cup blue cheese OPTIONAL, can sub any cheese in here
- ½ cup Frank’s Red Hot
- 1 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- ½ cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Pour dip batter into a glass 8x8 pan (top with extra cheese if desired!) + bake at 350 for 25 mins.
- Serve with chips or veggies or choice.
Instant Pot Instructions
- Place chicken breasts in instant pot base. Cover with hot sauce
- Set to pressure cook for 14 minutes. Make sure your pot is set to sealing, not venting. The pot will take 3-4 minutes to come to pressure. Allow it to cook and naturally release for 10 minutes. (You can also quick release if you're in a hurry!)
- Shred chicken with a hand mixer in the pot, or remove from the pot, shred with forks, and return back to the pot.
- Stir in cheese, yogurt, and cottage cheese, tossing until warm.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes until cheese has melted.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Pour dip batter into crockpot (top with extra cheese if desired!). Cover and cook for low 4-6 hours or high 2-3 hours.
- Chips - these chips are yummy!
- Pretzels ( i love these flat ones for dipping!)
- Veggies - Celery, peppers and carrots go well with this.
- Instant Pot: You can make my Easy Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- Crockpot: You can cook the chicken in the crockpot (you'd have to do it the day before or in the morning)
- Rotisserie Chicken: You can buy a rotisserie chicken and shred it up (Save the bones and make easy crockpot bone broth !)
- Boiled chicken: You can boil chicken for about 15 minutes until it is entirely cooked and then shred.