Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are the best meal or snack! Buffalo chicken balls are perfect for an appetizer or meal prep. Healthy & delicious!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and about affiliate links.
The combo of buffalo sauce and blue cheese in these meatballs is to die for! And if you are worried about dry ground chicken in these meatballs, trust me these are moist, flavorful, and super easy to make!
Ground Chicken Buffalo Meatballs for the Win!
- Protein/veggie packed – These healthy meatballs are loaded with protein, and have hidden veggies in them! Almost 1/2 cup of veggies per serving!
- DELICIOUS – They just taste really, really good! Who doesn’t love buffalo sauce?!
- Versatile – These meatballs make for the perfect snack, lunch, or dinner addition! They are a great meal prep recipe!
- SO EASY – It doesn’t get easier than these! This recipe uses ONE bowl and 5 minutes to put together!
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Recipe Ingredients
To make these delicious meatballs you will need:
You can find substitutions for all of these ingredients below in the green shaded box.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Balls
- Preheat the oven to 450 and prepare a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Chop all vegetables. In a large bowl combine all ingredients. (You can mix by hand or in a stand mixer on low
- Roll into 1.5-inch balls and place on a lined baking sheet
- Bake at 450 for 20 minutes, allow cooling + enjoy!
- For the optional greek yogurt sauce just stir together
Substitutions for Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Blue Cheese – You can omit the cheese or sub in any cheese you like for blue cheese! Goat cheese or feta is great!
Sauce – You could use BBQ sauce instead of buffalo sauce in this recipe and they would be delicious! If you don’t like buffalo sauce, try these regular Chicken Meatballs.
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
These buffalo chicken meatballs are pretty versatile and go well with anything!
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Recipe FAQ
If your meatballs are tough you could’ve over baked them, not used enough fat, and not used a binder.
To keep meatballs from falling apart make sure to use a binder like eggs and breadcrumbs.
If you don’t have eggs in meatballs they’ll usually be ok, or you can try making a flax egg from ground flax seeds and water.
The key to keeping meatballs moist is to make sure there is enough fat (olive oil, higher fat meat, etc) and to use a binder like eggs or breadcrumbs. Also don’t over bake them!
Storing Ground Chicken Buffalo Meatballs
Refrigerator: You can keep these buffalo meatballs in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Freezing: These meatballs freeze perfectly. We freeze ours in a Ziploc bag after baking them. Do not freeze the batter raw. They last up to 3 months in the freezer. When you’re ready to eat/reheat them I just pop them in the microwave for a few minutes and they’re good to go!
Reheating: I microwave these buffalo meatballs to reheat them, but you can also cook them on the stovetop until warm or put them in the toaster oven.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 450 and prepare a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Chop all vegetables. In a large bowl combine all ingredients. (You can mix by hand or in a stand mixer on low.
- Roll into 1.5 inch balls and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 for 20 minutes, allow to cool + enjoy!