Healthy Buffalo Turkey Meatballs are a delicious, easy weeknight dinner. Easily made paleo, keto and whole30, they’re perfect over a salad or on rice!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
Who doesn’t love buffalo sauce? It’s literally delicious on eeeeeverything. Pizza? Yup. Chicken? Sure. Meatballs? Amazing.
I can honestly say that I have never put it on something + not enjoyed it. I’m guessing you’re probably thinking the same thing.
I’m not sure what they put in Frank’s Red Hot but man is it delicious! We kinda live by the ‘Put that **** on everything’ tagline that they have.
I’m really not a spicy- food loving person, but for some reason I can’t get enough of buffalo sauce. Which is why we love these buffalo turkey meatballs, and I think you will to.
Why you’ll LOVE these healthy buffalo turkey meatballs:
- DELICIOUS- They just taste really, really good, ok?
- Easy to make– 10 ingredients and only 30 minutes to make
- Easily Customizable – I included a whole list of substitutions for you on how to make these meatballs!
- Keto/Gluten free and easily made paleo/whole30
- Protein / veggie packed – These healthy meatballs are loaded with protein, and have hidden veggies in them! Almost 1/2 cup of veggies per serving!
See… lots of veggies! (Promise you can’t even taste them!)
P.S… if you love meatballs, you have to try these Greek Turkey Meatballs.
Ingredients for buffalo turkey meatballs:
To make these buffalo turkey meatballs you’ll need:
There are quite a few substitutions for this recipe included below. If you don’t have all of the ingredients, don’t worry!
How to make buffalo turkey meatballs:
Buffalo turkey meatballs are SUPER simple to make.
- Simply chop your veggies (I actually just give mine a quick whirl in this food processor -less than $14!).
- Stir all ingredients together
- Roll into balls, bake and enjoy!
A little tip – we love using a cookie scoop for these meatballs. That way your hands don’t get dirty and you can ensure that they’re all the same size!
I love recipes like this because they really are SO simple – any one can do this regardless of their cooking skills!
Substitutions for this buffalo turkey meatballs recipe:
These meatballs are super versatile – you can change up a lot about them + they will still be delicious!
Turkey – You can sub ground turkey for ground chicken and ground beef
Veggies – If you don’t like celery, carrots, or spinach – simply omit. If you’re out of one veggie.. add a little more of another!
Whole30/Paleo – To make paleo/whole30 simply omit blue cheese and the yogurt sauce.
Keto – If you’re strict keto, we recommend omitting the carrots as they are higher in carbs.
Blue Cheese – You can omit the cheese or sub in any cheese you like for blue cheese! Goat cheese or feta are great!
Oil– Any oil will work in this recipe. Avocado, coconut, olive oil or vegetable oil will all work
Sauce – You could use BBQ sauce instead of buffalo sauce in this recipe and they would be delicious!
How to serve buffalo turkey meatballs:
These buffalo turkey meatballs are pretty versatile and go well with anything! I like mine over a salad with the greek yogurt sauce included in the recipe – but here are some other ideas.
- Over rice – I like to make rice in my instant pot using this recipe
- Over greens – Add these to a salad with the yogurt sauce + you have the perfect meal!
- With roasted veggies- They’re good with these garlic rosemary brussels sprouts and Sheet Pan Crispy Roasted Potatoes!
- As an appetizer – I’ve brought these to parties with a big bowl of dipping sauce and they’re always a hit!
- Sliders- If you want to serve these over sliders I bet they would be yummy!
No matter how you enjoy them, these buffalo turkey meatballs are a yummy meal anyone will like! They’re great for meal prepping, serving at a party, or just having in the fridge for a quick snack!
Storing Buffalo Turkey Meatballs:
You can keep these buffalo meatballs in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Freezing– These meatballs freeze perfectly. We freeze ours in a ziploc bag after baking them. Do not freeze the batter raw. They last up to 3 months in the freezer. When you’re ready to eat/reheat them I just pop them in the microwave for a few minutes and they’re good to go!
Other healthy buffalo recipes:
We love all things buffalo! Here are some of our other favorite buffalo recipes!
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Boats
- Vegetarian Buffalo Dip
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Love ground turkey? Check out this list of the Best Ground Turkey Recipes!
Healthy Buffalo Turkey Meatballs
Optional: rice, cauliflower rice or spinach for serving
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon buffalo sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 and prepare a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Chop all vegetables. In a large bowl combine all ingredients. (You can mix by hand or in a stand mixer on low.
- Roll into 1.5 inch balls and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 for 20 minutes, allow to cool + enjoy!
- For the optional greek yogurt sauce just stir together.
Air Fryer Instructions
- Chop all vegetables. In a large bowl combine all ingredients. (You can mix by hand or in a stand mixer on low.)
- Roll into 1.5 inch balls and place in greased air fryer basket (I spray with cooking spray)
- Air Fry at 400 for 12-15 minutes until golden brown, allow to cool + enjoy!
- You'll need to air fry the meatballs in 2-3 separate batches. I put 12 in the basket each time.
- For the optional greek yogurt sauce just stir together.
- Turkey – You can sub ground turkey for ground chicken and ground beef
- Veggies – If you don’t like celery, carrots, or spinach – simply omit
- Whole30/Paleo – To make paleo/whole30 simply omit blue cheese and the yogurt sauce
- Coconut Flour – If you aren’t gluten free/strict paleo Whole30 you can use whole wheat breadcrumbs instead of coconut flour