Sheet Pan Crispy Roasted Potatoes are an easy, delicious side dish! Paleo + whole30 friendly, these oven roasted potatoes are perfectly cooked + yummy!
This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy. This post was originally shared in March of 2018 but has since been updated.
These are the crispy potatoes that I DREAM about throughout the day waiting for dinner… Seriously, I’m not kidding.
I love potatoes and carbs in all forms, but I have a special spot in my heart for potatoes. They’re one of my all time favorite side dishes.
Super easy to make, these quick roasted potatoes will become a staple in your house!
I love potatoes for a lot of reasons, obviously because they’re delicious, but also because they’re so versatile!
However, I will say that I think these Sheet Pan Crispy Roasted Potatoes are the best way to eat them.
Whenever we make dinner, these are the first things to go off my plate. They’re super crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, perfectly salty and have a little bit of flavor + kick from the garlic powder/pepper!
I could seriously eat just these as a meal, and usually you can find Ty + I literally standing over the oven practically burning our mouths as we eat them right off the sheet!
Ingredients for Crispy Roasted Potatoes:
If you’re looking for an easy staple side dish that goes with anything – these are for you! They’re paleo, gluten free, Whole30 friendly + vegan which means pretty much anyone can enjoy them!
One of the keys to crispy potatoes is cutting them perfectly, here’s how we do it!
How to cut roasted potatoes:
To cut your potatoes, first slice them lengthwise into slabs. Then slice them into thick fry-like shapes. Finally, cut them into cubes.
Cutting the potatoes is really the hardest part of this recipe!
How to make Crispy Roasted Potatoes:
After a little under an hour in the oven, you’ll have perfectly crispy roasted russet potatoes!
What are the best potatoes for roasting?
Starchier potatoes like russet potatoes are great for roasting because they are absorbent.
You can use red skinned or fingerling potatoes in this recipe and it will be equally as delicious but may not be as crispy.
Sweet potatoes will not get as crispy as russet potatoes, but you can use them in this recipe. We also have a Crispy Garlic Thyme Roasted Sweet Potatoes recipe!
Tips for crispy roasted potatoes:
Getting crispy potatoes is not as hard as you think! Here are a few things to do for super crispy oven roasted potatoes:
- Cut in small pieces- Cut the potatoes in 1/2 inch small pieces so they can get browned on all edges. Larger pieces will work but will need more time.
- Evenly cut potatoes- Make sure you evenly coat all the potatoes with olive oil and spices. The olive oil will help the potatoes get crispy when roasting!
- Keep your oven at a high temp. Roasting the potatoes at 450 for almost an hour is what will give them that perfectly crunchy outside! If your potatoes don’t seem crispy after 40 minutes, maybe give them a few more minutes or broil them. Everyone’s oven is a little different and yours just may require a few more minutes!
- Use parchment paper– non stick foil, or baking sheets will not do the trick. Parchment paper allows the potatoes to roast without sticking!
- Evenly spread out the potatoes – Don’t stack them on top of one another – spread your potatoes out on the baking sheet and try not to overcrowd them.
Substitutions for these sheet pan potatoes:
- Potatoes– Any potato will work in this recipe, but see above for the best potatoes for roasting. We like roasted russet potatoes and that’s what we used for this recipe!
- Spices – You can use any combo of spices in this recipe. Feel free to omit garlic/onion, or salt + pepper to your taste. You can also use 1 tablespoon of your favorite spice blend.
- Oil – You can use coconut oil or avocado oil. I like olive oil best.
Reheating these potatoes:
These potatoes reheat really well. They’ll last for up to 5 days in an air tight container in your refrigerator. I toss them in the toaster oven, oven, or a pan to reheat. If you microwave them, they will not be as crispy – but they’re still tasty!
What to serve these Sheet Pan Crispy Roasted Potatoes with:
- Whole 30 Rosemary Pecan Crusted Chicken Cutlets
- Whole30 Lemon Rosemary Crockpot Whole Chicken
- Healthy Crockpot Pulled Pork
- Whole30 Cashew Coconut Chicken Tenders
Sheet Pan Crispy Roasted Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 450 + line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat baking sheet.
- In a bowl, toss together chopped potatoes, olive oil + spices. Make sure all pieces are evenly coated
- Spread out potatoes on lined baking sheet
- Bake for 20 minutes and stir potatoes to make sure sides are getting evenly coated. Bake for additional 20 minutes until potatoes are browned.
- Cut the potatoes in 1/2 inch small pieces so they can get browned on all edges. Larger pieces will work but will need more time.
- Make sure you evenly coat all the potatoes with olive oil and spices. The olive oil will help the potatoes get crispy when roasting!
- You want your oven to be at a high temp. Roasting the potatoes at 450 for almost an hour is what will give them that perfectly crunchy outside! If your potatoes don't seem crispy after 40 minutes, maybe give them a few more minutes or broil them. Everyone's oven is a little different and yours just may require a few more minutes!