This paleo, Whole30 Potato Crust Quiche is the perfect breakfast! Packed with veggies and protein, it’s easy to make and great for meal prepping! This post is sponsored by my friends at Organic Traditions.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
This Whole30 Potato Crust Quiche is going to be your new favorite breakfast! Whether you’re doing a Whole30 or just looking for something healthy to enjoy in the mornings – this quiche is for you!
Naturally gluten free + made with less than 10 ingredients, this quiche is perfect for meal prepping and enjoying for breakfast on busy days!
When you do a whole30 – one of the things you likely get sick of by about day 10 is eggs. By that point you’ve probably had them every day for breakfast, and maybe as a mini meal throughout the day.
That’s where this Whole30 Potato Crust Quiche comes in.
This quiche is far from boring thanks to all the veggies, spices and crispy potato crust! It has minimal ingredients and is quick to prep – plus it is loaded with healthy fats thanks to the Organic Flaxseed Cooking Oil I used!
Typically you can’t cook with flaxseed oil because it has a low smoke point, however Organic Traditions Flaxseed Cooking Oil has a smoke point of 482°F.
It’s a great source of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, and has no weird chemicals or additives. I’ve been loving it for roasting veggies, and for adding to dishes like this quiche!
Ingredients for healthy potato crust quiche:
To make this potato crust quiche you’ll need: eggs, potatoes, oil, almond milk and veggies. For veggies I used onions, mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes and spinach. You can see all the substitutions for this recipe below.
How to make a potato crust quiche:
Making a potato crust quiche isn’t difficult at all.
First: I grated my potatoes using a cheese grater, squeezed the liquid out of them, and pressed them into a pie plate. It’s ok if they turn a reddish hue.
Step 3: You have to pre-bake your crust so that the potatoes have a chance to get crispy.
Step 4/5: While your crust is baking, whisk together your eggs and chop your veggies.
Step 6: After you bake the potato crust you can add in your egg/veggie mixture + bake again until cooked!
Substitutions for this Whole30 Potato Crust Quiche Recipe
This is a very versatile recipe. I like to call it a ‘clean out the fridge’ quiche. Use whatever veggies, potatoes or milk you have on hand
Vegetables – You can use any vegetable you like! I used a mix of tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, peppers, and onions – but anything would go great in this! You need about a cup and a half of vegetables in total (except for spinach) to fit well in an 8 inch shallow pie plate.
Oil – You can use any oil in this recipe. Olive, avocado and coconut oil will all work! You can also substitute melted butter for the oil
Milk – I used almond milk in this recipe to keep it paleo/whole30 but if you don’t follow those diets you can use regular dairy milk, oat milk, or any other non-dairy milk.
Cheese– Cheese is not part of Whole30/paleo – but if you’re not following those diets I highly recommend adding in goat cheese or parmesan to this. It adds so much flavor!
Potatoes – Any potatoes will work in this recipe, but russet potatoes work best. Red potatoes and sweet potatoes will also work! You can also use frozen hash browns in this recipe. Just defrost them completely before making the recipe and be sure to squeeze as much excess liquid out of them as you can!
Tips for making this potato crust quiche recipe:
Grate the potatoes roughly. You don’t want super tiny piece of potato, but you also don’t want large chunks!
Make sure to squeeze the liquid out of the potatoes. This helps ensure that you actually get a crispy crust and not a mushy mess.
Make sure to bake the crust until crispy. The edges should be brown and crunchy to the touch around the edges
Get creative! There’s no wrong way to make this quiche so use your favorite veggies, add different herbs + spices, and make it what you like!
Other delicious Whole30 friendly recipes:
- Healthy Crockpot Pulled Pork
- Paleo Frittata
- Paleo Turkey Chili
- Whole30 Cashew Coconut Chicken Tenders
- 20 Whole30 Breakfast Recipes
Whole30 Potato Crust Quiche
- Preheat oven to 450. Grease a glass pie plate by spraying with olive or coconut oil.
- Grate potatoes. Squeeze as much liquid out of potatoes with a paper towel or dish towel. In a bowl, toss grated potatoes with 1 tablespoon flaxseed cooking oil.
- Press the potatoes into the pie plate to form a crust. Bake the crust in the oven for 20 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- While crust is baking, whisk together eggs + almond milk. Chop vegetables + stir into egg mixture with seasonings.
- Once crust has cooked, pour egg/veggie mixture into the crust + return to the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- Allow quiche to cool for 10 minutes + serve.
- vegetables - You can use any vegetable you like! I used a mix of tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, peppers, and onions - but anything would go great in this! You need about a cup and a half of vegetables in total (except for spinach) to fit well in an 8 inch shallow pie plate.
- milk - I used almond milk in this recipe to keep it paleo/whole30 but if you don't follow those diets you can use regular milk
- cheese- Cheese is not part of Whole30/paleo - but if you're not following those diets I highly recommend adding in goat cheese or parmesan to this. It adds so much flavor!