This healthy Sausage Egg Bake is perfect for breakfast. Easy to make, paleo, whole30, and so yummy. It’s veggie loaded, perfect for meal prep and delicious!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
Meet your NEW fav breakfast: This Sausage Egg Bake! This sausage egg bake is ridiculously versatile, requires minimal effort to make, and it tastes AMAZING.
If you’re the kinda person who loves a hearty egg based breakfast, but doesn’t necessarily have the time to cook up veggies/eggs every morning – you’ll love this recipe! (You might also like this Sheet Pan Breakfast or Whole30 Potato Crust Quiche)
Why we love this Sausage Egg Casserole:
This sausage egg bake is one of our favorite breakfasts for a few reasons.
- Protein Packed/ Veggie Loaded – This egg bake is a great way to start of your morning. It’s high in protein (36g per serving!) and loaded with veggies which will help keep you full.
- Low Carb – This egg bake is low carb so it’s perfect for all my keto friends out there. You could definitely add some shredded potatoes in the egg bake or make my Crispy Roasted Potatoes to go with it if you aren’t low carb though! This sausage egg casserole has no bread, which makes it perfect for low carb!
- Paleo/Whole30 – We follow a mainly paleo/whole30 diet and this is great if you do too! The egg bake is gluten/grain/dairy/soy/sugar free.
- Meal Prep Friendly – Make this egg bake on sunday (or whenever!) and enjoy it all week! I slice it and put it in containers so it’s pre portioned + ready to eat.
Look at all those veggies and yummy sausage! Don’t you just want to dive in?
In addition to being great for meal prepping, this recipe is also perfect for bringing to brunch/sharing with family + friends!
What you need to make this Sausage Egg Bake:
This Sausage Egg Bake is made with only a few ingredients. You’ll need:
- non dairy milk
- your favorite pre cooked sausage (or pre cooked ground pork)
- veggies (peppers, onions, spinach)
This recipe is pretty versatile and you can swap out the veggies/spices. There are a list of substitutions further down in this post.
How to make this Sausage Egg Bake:
This Sausage Egg Bake is SUPER easy to make. Here’s how to do it:
- Chop/Prep all your ingredients.
- Whisk together your eggs.
- Add in your sausage/veggies/spices.
- Stir until combined
- Bake in a glass baking dish
- Serve + enjoy!
Substitutions for this Sausage Egg Bake Recipe:
Milk – If you’re not doing a whole30 you can sub almond milk with regular milk or your milk of choice
Cheese – You can add whatever cheese you would like to this recipe. Cheddar + goat would be delicious!
Seasonings – You can add onion powder, basil, thyme, oregano – really anything you like! If you have some fresh parsley or basil lying around – chop them up and add them in!
Sausage – Make sure you’re buying good quality sausage or make your own. If you can’t find a whole30 friendly sausage, you can buy ground pork, cook it up and add it to this recipe.
Veggies – Any/all veggies will go in here for the most part. Feel free to add more, or sub in kale, broccoli, tomatoes, etc… Use up whatever you like/whatever is in your fridge!
WW Freestyle Note: You can save 8SP per serving by using turkey sausage. With turkey sausage this dish is only 4SP
Sausage Egg Casserole FAQ
Absolutely! You can make this egg bake ahead of time and reheat before serving. It will last in the fridge for up to 5 days. However, this tastes best when served right out of the oven!
We like to buy pre-cooked frozen sausage or brown up ground sausage. Either one will work!
Storing/Serving this egg bake:
Storing: You can store this egg bake in the refrigerator in glass containers
Freezing: I have not tried freezing this egg bake but I think it would work.
Reheating: We prefer to reheat this recipe in the toaster oven/oven. 350-375 for 5-8 minutes should do the trick – but just watch your oven and check after 5 minutes. You’ll want the eggs to be heated through. You can microwave this, but we don’t recommend microwaving eggs. I find it gives them a bouncy texture that we don’t care for.
Other healthy breakfast recipes:
- Whole30 Potato Crust Quiche
- Healthy Banana Protein Muffins
- Easy Breakfast Meal Prep Bowls
- Egg White Oatmeal
- Make Ahead Breakfast Muffins
Sausage & Veggie Egg Bake
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and spices until smooth.
- Chop sausage and veggies.
- Stir into sausage + veggies into egg mixture until combined.
- Pour egg mixture into greased 8×8 glass baking dish.
- Bake at 400 for 35 mins.
- Slice into 4 segments + enjoy!
- Milk – If you’re not doing a whole30 you can sub almond milk with regular milk or your milk of choice
- Seasonings – You can add onion powder, basil, thyme, oregano – really anything you like! If you have some fresh parsley or basil lying around – chop them up and add them in!
- Sausage – Make sure you’re buying good quality sausage. I like this brand! If you can’t find a whole30 friendly sausage, you can buy ground pork, cook it up and add it to this recipe.
- Veggies – Any/all veggies will go in here for the most part. Feel free to add more, or sub in kale, broccoli, tomatoes, etc… Use up whatever you like/whatever is in your fridge!
- WW Freestyle Note: You can save 8SP per serving by using turkey sausage. With turkey sausage this dish is only 4SP