This healthy Sausage Egg Bake is perfect for breakfast. Easy to make, paleo, whole30, and so yummy. It’s veggie loaded, perfect for meal prep and delicious!
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
Meet your NEW fav breakfast: This Sausage Egg Bake! This sausage egg bake is ridiculously versatile, requires minimal effort to make, and it tastes AMAZING.
If you’re the kinda person who loves a hearty egg based breakfast, but doesn’t necessarily have the time to cook up veggies/eggs every morning – you’ll love this recipe!
Why we love this Sausage Egg Bake:
This sausage egg bake is one of our favorite breakfasts for a few reasons.
- Protein Packed/ Veggie Loaded – This egg bake is a great way to start of your morning. It’s high in protein (36g per serving!) and loaded with veggies which will help keep you full.
- Low Carb – This egg bake is low carb so it’s perfect for all my keto friends out there. You could definitely add some shredded potatoes in the egg bake or make my Sheet Pan Crispy Roasted Potatoes to go with it if you aren’t low carb though!
- Paleo/Whole30 – We follow a mainly paleo/whole30 diet and this is great if you do too! The egg bake is gluten/grain/dairy/soy/sugar free.
- Meal Prep Friendly – Make this egg bake on sunday (or whenever!) and enjoy it all week! I slice it and put it in containers so it’s pre portioned + ready to eat.
Look at all those veggies and yummy sausage! Don’t you just want to dive in?
In addition to being great for meal prepping, this recipe is also perfect for bringing to brunch/sharing with family + friends!
What you need to make this Sausage Egg Bake:
This Sausage Egg Bake is made with only a few ingredients. You’ll need eggs, non dairy milk, your favorite pre cooked sausage (or pre cooked ground pork), veggies and spices!
This recipe is pretty versatile and you can swap out the veggies/spices. There are a list of substitutions further down in this post.
How to make this Sausage Egg Bake:
This Sausage Egg Bake is SUPER easy to make. Here’s how to do it:
- Chop/Prep all your ingredients
- Whisk together your eggs
- Add in your sausage/veggies/spices
- Stir until combined
- Bake in a glass baking dish
- Serve + enjoy!
Substitutions for this Sausage Egg Bake Recipe:
- Milk – If you’re not doing a whole30 you can sub almond milk with regular milk or your milk of choice
- Seasonings – You can add onion powder, basil, thyme, oregano – really anything you like! If you have some fresh parsley or basil lying around – chop them up and add them in!
- Sausage – Make sure you’re buying good quality sausage. I like this brand! If you can’t find a whole30 friendly sausage, you can buy ground pork, cook it up and add it to this recipe.
- Veggies – Any/all veggies will go in here for the most part. Feel free to add more, or sub in kale, broccoli, tomatoes, etc… Use up whatever you like/whatever is in your fridge!
Other healthy breakfast recipes:
- Whole30 Potato Crust Quiche
- Healthy Banana Protein Muffins
- Easy Breakfast Meal Prep Bowls
- Egg White Oatmeal
Sausage & Veggie Egg Bake
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and spices until smooth.
- Chop sausage and veggies.
- Stir into sausage + veggies into egg mixture until combined.
- Pour egg mixture into greased 8x8 glass baking dish.
- Bake at 400 for 35 mins.
- Slice into 4 segments + enjoy!