These healthy grilled Vegetable Kebabs are the best way to cook your veggies! Paleo/Whole30, easy to make + delicious – get ready to fire up your grill!
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
These are the BEST grilled vegetable kebabs you will ever make.
There, I said it. It’s a bold statement, I know.. but you know what, I’m sticking to it.
I’ve made these balsamic grilled vegetable kebabs pretty much every week since it’s been warm enough to grill outside, and I’m still not sick of them.
They’re flavorful, ridiculously simple, and are a fun way to eat your veggies. Plus, they’re paleo, whole30, vegan/vegetarian – anyone can enjoy them!
I’ve always been intimidated by grilling veggies/making kebabs – but I promise that these are super easy to make, and even the most novice griller can handle it. (And if you don’t have a grill, don’t worry – I included instructions for the oven too)
If you’re wondering just how simple they are to make, let me show you.
Ingredients for Vegetable Kebabs
I make my vegetable kebabs with onions, mushrooms, peppers + zucchini for veggies. The marinade is a mix of balsamic vinegar, olive oil + spices. We’ll get into substitutions later on, but this a very versatile recipe and you can mix/match a lot of different things!
How to make Vegetable Kebabs
Making vegetable kebabs is NOT difficult at all.
- Prep your veggies
- Mix together your marinade
- Combine marinade/veggies.
- Let the veggies marinate (patience is key here!)
- Skewer those babies up (I love these metal skewers)
- Grilling time!
Then try not to eat them all in one sitting (I’m serious, they’re that good).
All joking aside though, these veggies are awesome for meal prepping, and they go well with pretty much any form of protein/other side dish!
Best Vegetables for Grilling
Mushrooms, onions, peppers and zucchini are my favorite veggies for grilling, but you can also try tomatoes, corn (cut in small chunks), eggplant or even carrots!
Tips for the best vegetable skewers
- Allow the vegetables to marinate! This is a simple step that ads SO much flavor. Vegetables soak up marinades relatively quick, so 20 minutes is enough, but up to an hour is even better.
- Make sure to use medium heat – High heat will leave your veggies a charred mess – you’re better off with medium heat so they cook evenly!
- If using wooden skewers, soak ahead – This will prevent the skewers from burning/catching on fire. Honestly though, I don’t think wooden skewers are the best for grilling.. I use these metal skewers.
Best skewers for grilling:
Metal skewers are definitely better for grilling because you don’t have to worry about them burning or catching fire. (Or leaving little flecks of wood in/near your food!)
I think these metal skewers from amazon are the best for grilling. They’re reasonably priced and have held up great for us. We pop them right in the dishwasher after using!
If you need to use wooden skewers, these are a good option.
Other marinades you can use on vegetable kebabs:
There is really no wrong marinade for vegetable kebabs! This Healthy Lemon Basil Vinaigrette makes a delicious marinade, or you can even cheat and use a store bought dressing (look for one with cleaner ingredients and no added sugars).
Another one of my favorite marinades to use on veggies is the marinade from this Healthy Maple Mustard Chicken recipe!
Substitutions for this recipe:
- Marinade – You can adjust the marinade on this if you’d like. See above for some ideas
- Spices – You can use different herbs/spices in the marinade. Try swapping basil for thyme or rosemary!
- Oil – You can use avocado oil instead of olive oil in this recipe if you’d like.
- Vegetables – Other veggies work great with this recipe. You can try cherry tomatoes, corn, or eggplant!
- Baking in oven: If you don’t have a grill you can bake these at 400 for 10-15 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
There you have it friends! Fire up your grill and get ready to eat ALL the veggies! This recipe is one that you’re going to want to make over and over again!
Healthy recipes to serve these vegetable kabobs with:
- 2 cups mushrooms whole
- 2 cups zucchini cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups peppers cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups onions cut in 1 inch pieces
- Wash/chop vegetables.
- In a bowl, whisk together marinade.
- In a large bowl, or plastic bag combine vegetables/marinade. Allow the marinade to sit for at least 10 minutes (one hour is best).
- While vegetables marinate, heat grill to 375 (medium/high).
- Once vegetables have marinated - add them to skewers.
- Place skewers on heated grill for 9-10 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes.
- Note: If you don’t have a grill you can bake these at 400 for 10-15 minutes, until vegetables are tender.