An easy Corn Tomato Avocado Salad Recipe that is done in under 10 minutes. Gluten Free, vegan, healthy and delicious! The perfect side dish.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and about affiliate links.
If you’re looking for an easy side dish to bring to a summer picnic or enjoy alongside a quick weeknight dinner – this fresh corn tomato avocado salad is for you!
This easy recipe is loaded with light, refreshing flavor and is so simple to make. It takes under 10 minutes and uses less than 10 ingredients!
Why we love this Corn Tomato Avocado Salad:
This corn tomato avocado salad is SO delicious, but we love it for so many recipes.
- Easy: This recipe is so easy and done in under 10 minutes. Simply cut your tomatoes, corn and avocado – mix with other ingredients and enjoy!
- Light & Refreshing: This is the perfect spring/summer recipe. It’s light and refreshing while being filling!
- Customizable: There are over 20 different ways to customize this recipe. Look for the green shaded substitutions box below!
- Great source of healthy fats and veggies: Avocado is a great source of healthy fats and the corn/tomato are a great source of veggies.
This recipe is made with super simple ingredients – here’s what you’ll need to make it!
Ingredients of Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
To make this corn tomato avocado salad you’ll need:
- red onion
- olive oil
- salt, pepper, garlic powder
- lime juice
- cilantro or basil (optional but recommended)
You can find substitutions for all of these ingredients below in the green shaded substitutions box.
How to Make Corn Avocado and Tomato Salad
- Dice avocado and tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together until combined (toss gently).
- Serve & enjoy.
SUBSTITUTIONS FOR CORN TOMATO AVOCADO SALAD
This salad is pretty versatile. Here are a few ways you can customize it!
Avocado: You can’t substitute avocado in this recipe. You can use less avocado, and sub in more tomato or corn if you’d like.
Tomato: You can use cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes, or even diced tomatoes off the vine
Corn: You can use fresh or frozen corn in this recipe. We prefer fresh corn but either one will work. We do not recommend canned corn.
Lime Juice: You can substitute lemon juice for lime juice
Cilantro: You can omit the cilantro or replace with basil. We do not recommend substituting with dried herbs.
Paleo/Whole30: To make this recipe paleo/whole30 skip the corn and add in more avocado/tomatoes.
Add ins: Chickpeas or white beans would be a nice addition to this recipe. Crumbled cheese like feta or goat cheese would be delicious in this.
Storing Avocado Salad
Refrigerator: This avocado corn salad recipe will last for 3 days in the refrigerator. The avocados will start to go brown pretty quickly but it shouldn’t affect the taste.
Can you prevent this salad from getting brown? There’s no real way to prevent this salad from getting browned. You can press plastic wrap up closely against the salad to prevent air from getting to it, but eventually the avocados will get brown
Freezing: You can’t freeze this salad, it will not freeze well.
How To Cook Corn On The Cob
You can use fresh or frozen corn in this recipe. Either one is delicious!
Cooking corn on the cob is easy. You can follow our Garlic Parmesan Corn recipe or here are some other method to cook corn on the cob.
Grilling: You can grill corn on the cob directly on the grill or wrapped in foil. Cook on medium high heat for 10-15 minutes. We prefer wrapping in foil.
Microwave: You can microwave corn on the cob in a microwave safe dish with 1/2 cup of water covered in plastic wrap for 3-5 minutes. Cook time will vary depending on how many ears of corn you have.
Avocado Salad FAQ
You can use fresh or frozen corn in this recipe. Either will be delicious!
We do’t recommend making this salad ahead of time. The avocado will oxidize and get brown. It will still taste fine, but may look yucky. This dish is best served right after you make it fresh!
Other healthy side dish recipes:
Our favorite thing to serve this corn tomato avocado salad with is Pulled Pork, Balsamic Grilled Chicken or Chili Lime Shrimp. If you’re looking for other healthy side dishes here are some of our favorites:
Corn Tomato & Avocado Salad Recipe
- 2 cups avocado diced
- 1.5 cups tomato diced – 1 pint
- 1.5 cups corn kernels fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro OR basil minced (optional)
- Dice avocado and tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together until combined.
- Serve & enjoy.