The 11 Best Healthy Salad Dressing Recipes. Learn how to make healthy salad dressings at home in under 5 minutes! Delicious and easy to make!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and about affiliate links.
Making healthy homemade salad dressings can make ALL the difference on a salad. It’s so easy to put together a healthy salad dressing, and the opportunities for different flavor combinations are endless!
We’ve put together the 11 best healthy homemade salad dressings for you to try. If you’ve never made dressing before, don’t worry-even the most novice cooks can follow these healthy dressing recipes!
Say bye to boring salads forever, and make one of these easy healthy dressings!
why we love healthy salad dressing recipes
There is a lot to love about healthy homemade salad dressings:
- Easy to make – It only takes 5 minutes to make a homemade dressing!
- Great on salads or as a marinade – This tastes delicious on basically any salad especially a spinach salad! You can also use it as a marinade for chicken breasts.
- Tastes so delicious – Homemade salad dressings are ALWAYS better tasting than store bought!
Ingredients for Healthy Dressing Recipes
The best salad dressing are made with the following combination:
- Fat: A fat source is a necessity for good dressings. Our favorite thing to use in dressing is olive oil. It gives dressings a rich taste and the perfect texture.
- Acid: All good healthy dressings have some sort of acid. You can use balsamic vinegar, white vinegar, apple cider vinegar or citrus juice.
- Flavorful add ins: Something sweet like honey/maple syrup, fresh or dried herbs, or condiments like mustard are all delicious add ins for homemade dressing.
You can find substitutions for all of these ingredients below in the green shaded box.
How to Make Healthy Salad Dressing
Making healthy salad dressings is not hard at all! Typically this is how they’re made:
- Gather all you ingredients.
- Whisk together in a bowl or blend together depending on the recipe
- Store in a mason jar for 4-7 days.
Now let’s get into the best homemade dressing recipes
Healthy Blue Cheese Dressing
This Healthy Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe is SO easy to make. A Greek yogurt blue cheese that tastes just like the real thing!
Healthy Basil Vinaigrette
The Best Basil Vinaigrette Recipe! This easy Basil Salad Dressing can be made in under 5 minutes with only 5 ingredients. So delicious!
Healthy Ranch Dressing
This Healthy Ranch Dressing Recipe is SO easy to make. A simple Greek yogurt Ranch dressing that tastes just like the real thing!
Citrus Salad Dressing
This Easy Citrus Salad Dressing Recipe is so delicious and quick to make. A Citrus Vinaigrette Dressing that is great on any healthy homemade salad!
Honey Mustard Dressing
The Best Honey Mustard Dressing Recipe that is delicious! Made with only 6 ingredients, this honey mustard dressing is quick & easy to make!
Healthy Caesar Dressing
The Best Healthy Caesar Dressing Recipe! Easy to make with only a few ingredients, it’s made without anchovies, delicious & low calorie!
A Healthy Italian Dressing Recipe that is so easy to make! This delicious Italian Dressing Recipe is perfect on a healthy homemade salad or as a marinade.
This Homemade Greek Salad Dressing Recipe is easy to make and delicious! Done in under 5 minutes – it’s the best Greek dressing recipe!
Creamy Balsamic Dressing
This Creamy Balsamic Dressing Recipe is SO delicious! Made with NO mayo, it’s vegan, keto, healthy and easy to make. Perfect on a healthy homemade salad!
Avocado Ranch Dressing
This Avocado Ranch Dressing Recipe is better than any store bought dressing! A healthy avocado dressing that is so delicious and easy to make!
To make Avocado Dressing you’ll need:
- greek yogurt
- garlic power, onion powder
- dried dill, dried parsley, dried chives
- pepper & salt
- lime juice
Serve it with:
SUBSTITUTIONS FOR HEALTHY DRESSING RECIPES
Health Salad Dressing FAQ
The healthiest dressing for a salad is a mix of good quality olive oil (like extra virgin olive oil), vinegar and dried or fresh herbs.
Salad dressing are usually high in calories, so if you’re looking to lose weight, enjoy them in moderation! The best salad dressings are those made with high quality oils like olive or avocado oil, and organic vinegars and spices.
How to Serve Healthy Dressing Recipes
These healthy salad dressing recipes can be used in so many ways! Here are some of our favorites:
- As a marinade on chicken, steak or seafood
- Spinach Strawberry Salad
- Blueberry Salad
- Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
How to Store Homemade Dressings
Storing: Most homemade dressings will last in the refrigerator for 5-7 days in an airtight container. I like to store them in glass mason jars.
Freezing: We don’t recommend freezing homemade dressings. They’re best if eaten fresh!
Separating: Dressings will separate as they sit in the fridge. If your dressing separates you can whisk it together, shake vigorously or blend again to reconstitute the dressing.
Solidifying: Your dressing might get a bit solidified in the refrigerator – don’t worry! Simply set it on the counter for 20 minutes or pop in the microwave for 5-10 seconds and stir.
Healthy Store Bought Salad Dressings:
If you don’t want to make your own dressing I totally get it! Here are some of my favorite healthy store bought dressings:
Best Healthy Dressing Recipe
- In a food processor or small blender, combine all ingredients until smooth.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.