A Healthy Italian Dressing Recipe that is so easy to make! This delicious Italian Dressing Recipe is perfect on salad or as a marinade.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and about affiliate links.
Homemade Italian Dressing
This Easy Homemade Italian Dressing Recipe is delicious and so easy to make! It’s perfect drizzled on salads, used as a marinade for grilled chicken, served in a pasta salad, or on our Italian Antipasto Salad!
Ditch the store bought dressing and make this delicious Italian Dressing the next time you are making a salad!
Why we love this Italian Salad Dressing
Here’s why we love this Italian Dressing:
- Tastes Amazing: Homemade Italian dressing is so flavorful and can ensure you never suffer through a boring salad.
- Easy To Make: This recipe couldn’t be more simple to make and takes less than 5 minutes!
- Better Ingredients: Store bought dressings contain so many additives to ensure they are shelf-stable and often will contain cheaper ingredients like canola oil vs olive oil.
Italian Dressing Recipe ingredients
Here’s what you need to make Italian dressing:
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- dijon mustard
- dried basil, dried parsley, dried oregano
- garlic powder, onion powder
- salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
You can find substitutions for all of these ingredients below in the green shaded box.
How to make Italian Dressing
Making Italian Dressing is super easy! Here’s how to do it:
- In a food processor or small blender, combine all ingredients until smooth.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Italian Dressing Recipe substitutions
Red Wine Vinegar: We can’t offer any substitutions for red wine vinegar. Balsamic vinegar would work, but it would be overpowering here and not really taste like ‘Italian’ dressing. White wine vinegar might also work.
Dried Herbs: You can substituted fresh herbs in place of dried herbs. Double the amount of fresh herbs for dried herbs and make sure to chop them very well.
How to serve this Easy Italian Dressing Recipe
This Zesty Italian Dressing goes well with so many things. Here’s how we like to use it:
- as a marinade for grilled chicken
- as a dressing in pasta salad
- on Quinoa Salad
- over Blueberry Salad
- with Spinach Strawberry Salad
- Easy Kale Salad
How to store Homemade Italian Dressing
Storing: This will last in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
Note on separation: Separation may occur when stored in the fridge. Use a spoon to stir together or quickly blend again to reconstruct the dressing.
Homemade Italian Dressing FAQs
Italian dressing is made with a mix of olive oil, red wine vinegar, and dried Italian seasoning.
You can easily make healthy Italian dressing but Italian dressing isn’t usually healthy. It’s made with added sugars and low quality oil.
Other healthy salad dressing recipes:
Here are some of our favorite salad dressing recipes. For more ideas check out these Healthy Dressing Recipes!