This Homemade Greek Salad Dressing Recipe is easy to make and delicious! Done in under 5 minutes – it’s the best Greek dressing recipe!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
Most of the time, when people chose to eat a salad, it’s because they are trying to make the healthier food choice or to get more veggies in their diet.
However, so often that healthier choice is negated by the dressing that contains weird fillers, added sugar, and cheaper oils.
Making your salad dressings at home could not be easier and tastes so much better than anything you could get in the store.
This traditional Greek salad dressing is bright, delicious and comes together with just a few pantry staples and less than 5 minutes!
Why we love this Greek Salad Dressing Recipe
There are so many reasons to love this homemade Greek dressing and here are a few:
- Tastes Good: Homemade dressings are so flavorful and can ensure you never suffer through a boring salad and also doubles as a delicious marinade!
- Easy To Make: This recipe couldn’t be more simple to make and takes less than 5 minutes!
- Better Ingredients: Storebought dressings contain so many additives to ensure they are shelf-stable and often will contain cheaper ingredients like canola oil vs olive oil. This Greek dressing also has no unnecessarily added sugar.
Greek Salad Dressing Ingredients
Wondering what this traditional Greek salad dressing is made of? Here are the dressing ingredients:
How to make Greek salad dressing?
It couldn’t be easier to make this homemade Greek dressing. Here are the simple steps:
- Combine all ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously until combined.
- Serve over a salad or use as a marinade.
Is this recipe considered a creamy Greek salad dressing?
No, a creamy dressing would need to include yogurt or feta. Here is a recipe for a healthier creamy Greek dressing from Culinary Cool.
Is it easy to make the best Greek salad dressing?
Absolutely! Making greek salad dressing is as easy as throwing it all together and shaking it up.
SUBSTITUTIONS FOR GREEK SALAD DRESSING
Red Wine Vinegar: We can’t offer any substitutions for red wine vinegar. Balsamic vinegar would work, but it would be overpowering here and not really taste like ‘Greek’ dressing.
Lemon Juice: Do not use bottled lemon juice. Always use fresh lemon juice. Bottled lemon juice is too bitter and will not taste the same.
Dried Herbs: You can substituted fresh herbs in place of dried herbs. Double the amount of fresh herbs for dried herbs and make sure to chop them very well.
What salad goes best with Greek dressing?
This dressing would taste amazing on any salad, but some of our favorites are:
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Burger Salad
- Strawberry Avocado Goat Cheese Salad
- It would also be good mixed in with our Corn Tomato Avocado Salad or Traditional Greek Salad
What does the Greek dressing recipe taste like?
This salad dressing recipe tastes bright and a little bit tangy. You can taste the smooth olive oil, the bright zippy-ness from the lemons, and then all the dried herbs.
It’s delicious! If you’ve ever had marinated olives it has a similar taste.
How do you store homemade Greek salad dressing?
Storing: This Greek dressing is best enjoyed the same day but will last in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Freezing: We don’t recommend freezing this Greek salad dressing. It’s best if eaten fresh.
How long does this easy Greek salad dressing last?
This easy Greek salad dressing will last 4 days in the refrigerator.
Greek Salad Dressing FAQ
Our Greek dressing recipe doesn’t contain any added sugar. Some homemade Greek dressings do have added sugar.
It takes less than 5 minutes to make Greek salad dressing! Making dressing is as simple as mixing together your ingredients and shaking together.
Most Greek salad dressings have added sugars and are made with cheap oils. Some have many preservatives added to keep the dressings stable. This homemade Greek dressing is so much better for you!
Other healthy Greek food recipes:
Here are some of our other favorite Greek recipes:
- Greek Chicken Spaghetti Squash Bake
- Whole30 Greek Chicken Zucchini Noodles
- Greek Chicken Kabobs
- Traditional Greek Salad Recipe
- Greek Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowls
- Greek Turkey Meatballs
Greek Salad Dressing
- In a jar combine all ingredients. Shake vigorously until combined
- Serve over a salad or use as a marinade