This Homemade Greek Salad Dressing Recipe is easy to make and delicious! Done in under 5 minutes – it’s the best Greek dressing recipe!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and about affiliate links.
Most of the time, when people chose to eat a salad, it’s because they are trying to make a healthier food choice or to get more veggies in their diet.
However, so often that healthier choice is negated by the dressing that contains weird fillers, added sugar, and cheaper oils.
Making your salad dressings at home could not be easier and tastes so much better than anything you could get in the store.
This traditional Greek salad dressing is bright, delicious, and comes together with just a few pantry staples and less than 5 minutes! Need more salad ideas? Check out these 11 Healthy Salad Dressing Recipes!
WATCH: Homemade Greek Dressing
Why we love this Greek Vinaigrette Recipe
There are so many reasons to love this homemade Greek dressing and here are a few:
- Tastes Good: Homemade dressings are so flavorful and can ensure you never suffer through a boring salad and also doubles as a delicious marinade!
- Easy To Make: This recipe couldn’t be more simple to make and takes less than 5 minutes!
- Better Ingredients: Storebought dressings contain so many additives to ensure they are shelf-stable and often will contain cheaper ingredients like canola oil vs olive oil. This Greek vinaigrette also has no unnecessarily added sugar.
What is Greek Dressing?
Greek vs. Italian Dressing
Greek and Italian dressing are very similar however greek typically has a more Mediterranean flavor profile.
Is Greek Dressing healthy?
Storebought dressings can have a lot of added sugars, cheap oils, and many have preservatives added to keep the dressings stable. This homemade Greek dressing is so much better for you and is very healthy.
Greek Dressing Ingredients
Wondering what this traditional Greek salad dressing is made of? Here are the dressing ingredients:
You can find substitutions for all of these ingredients below in the green shaded substitutions box.
Substitutions for Homemade Greek Dressing
Lemon Juice: Do not use bottled lemon juice. Always use fresh lemon juice. Bottled lemon juice is too bitter and will not taste the same.
Dried Herbs: You can substitute fresh herbs in place of dried herbs. Double the amount of fresh herbs for dried herbs and make sure to chop them very well.
How to make Greek Vinaigrette Dressing
It couldn’t be easier to make this homemade Greek vinegarette. Here are the simple steps:
- Combine all ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously until combined.
- Serve over a salad, or pasta salad, or use it as a marinade for grilled veggies or chicken.
What salad goes best with Greek Vinaigrette
This dressing would taste amazing on any salad, but some of our favorites are:
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Burger Salad
- Strawberry Avocado Goat Cheese Salad
- It would also be good mixed in with our Corn Tomato Avocado Salad, Traditional Greek Salad, or Greek Chickpea Salad
What does Greek Dressing taste like?
This salad dressing recipe tastes bright and a little bit tangy. You can taste the smooth olive oil, the bright zippy-ness from the lemons, and then all the dried herbs.
It’s delicious! If you’ve ever had marinated olives it has a similar taste.
How to store the Best Greek Salad Dressing
Storing: This Greek vinegarette is best enjoyed the same day but will last in the refrigerator for up to 4 days if you have leftover dressing.
Freezing: We don’t recommend freezing this salad dressing. It’s best if eaten fresh.
How long does this easy Greek salad dressing last?
This easy salad dressing will last 4 days in the refrigerator.
Greek Vinaigrette Recipe FAQs
Our Greek dressing recipe doesn’t contain any added sugar. Some homemade Greek dressings do have added sugar.
It takes less than 5 minutes to make this salad dressing! Making dressing is as simple as mixing together your ingredients and shaking together.
Most Greek salad dressings have added sugars and are made with cheap oils. Some have many preservatives added to keep the dressings stable. This homemade Greek dressing is so much better for you!
Greek Vinaigrette Dressing
- In a jar combine all ingredients. Shake vigorously until combined
- Serve over a salad or use as a marinade