This Easy Honey Lemon Dressing is so delicious and quick to make! Blend together a few ingredients for the best honey mustard lemon dressing.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and about affiliate links.
This Lemon Dressing is one of my all time favorite healthy salad dressings. It’s got such a unique lemon flavor that is SO delicious.
Honey, lemon, mustard, olive oil, and fresh herbs come together in the most delicious way to create a lemon salad dressing you’ll absolutely love.
why you need to give this dressing a try:
There is so much to love about this delicious salad dressing recipe, here are a few reasons why you should try it:
- Endless possibilities: This dressing will give any salad recipe a kick in the right direction. You can also use it as a flavorful marinate for meats or vegetables.
- Clean Ingredients: Store bought dressings are filled with additives to keep them shelf-stable for longer periods of time. They are also often filled with low-quality ingredients to make them cheaper to produce. This dressing has simple healthy ingredients that you can pronounce.
- Super easy to make: This recipe couldn’t be easier to make, and takes less than 5 minutes to make!
ingredients for Honey Mustard Lemon Dressing:
Here’s the secret to making the magic that is this honey mustard dressing:
- olive oil
- lemon zest & fresh lemon juice
- whole grain mustard or dijon mustard
- honey (or maple syrup)
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley
You can find substitutions for all ingredients below in the green shaded box.
How to Make Easy Lemon Dressing
- In a food processor or small blender mix together olive oil, lemon zest/juice, dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper, and parsley until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week in the refrigerator.
SUBSTITUTIONS FOR LEMON MUSTARD DRESSING
Lemon Juice: Do not use bottled lemon juice. Always use fresh lemon juice. Bottled lemon juice is too bitter and will not taste the same. We haven’t tried this with lime juice but I think it would work.
Mustard: Any form of whole or ground mustard will work in this recipe
Dried Herbs: You can substitute fresh in place of dried herbs. Double the number of fresh for dried herbs and make sure to chop them very well.
What to serve with Honey Lemon Dressing:
This dressing goes on pretty much anything! Here are some salads we love to serve with this dressing:
- Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
- Greek Salad
- Spinach Strawberry Salad
- Blueberry Salad
- Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
- You can also use it as a marinade on Grilled Chicken or Grilled Vegetables in Foil
How to Store Lemon Dressing
Storing: This will last in the refrigerator for up to a week in an airtight container. We like to store our dressing in mason jars.
Separation: Separation is natural. Use a spoon to stir together or quickly blend again to reconstruct the dressing.
Freezing: We don’t recommend freezing this salad dressing. It is best if eaten fresh.
other healthy dressing recipes:
Here are some of our favorite salad dressing recipes. For more ideas checkout these Healthy Salad Dressing Recipes!
- Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- Greek Salad Dressing
- Basil Vinaigrette
- Healthy Italian Dressing
- Healthy Ranch Dressing
- Healthy Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Healthy Blue Cheese Dressing
- Zesty Honey Lemon Dressing
- Healthy Caesar Salad Dressing
- Citrus Salad Dressing Recipe
- Honey Mustard Dressing
- 10 Easy Whole30 Salad Dressings