The Best Basil Vinaigrette Recipe! This easy Basil Salad Dressing can be made in under 5 minutes with only 5 ingredients. So delicious!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and about affiliate links.
This is the best basil dressing you will ever try!
I know this is a bold statement, but trust me – you’ll love this basil vinaigrette! We’ve been making this basil dressing for years. It’s perfect on salads, as a marinade, drizzled over veggies, on pasta… the possibilities are truly endless!
In addition to being versatile, this dressing is so delicious. It’s loaded with flavor and SO fresh. Here’s why we love it so much:
why we love this Basil Vinaigrette Recipe
This is one of all time favorite salad dressings. Here’s why we love it
- Easy to make – To make this all you need to do is blend a few things in a food processor or a small blender!
- Simple Ingredients – You only need a few ingredients to make this recipe (most of which you probably have!)
- So delicious – this dressing is a balance of sweet, fresh flavors that are so perfect for summer time (or really ANY time of year!)
Ingredients for Basil Salad Dressing
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this dressing!
You can find substitutions for all of these ingredients below in the green shaded box.
How to Make Basil Vinaigrette Dressing
Making Basil Vinaigrette Dressing is SO easy! Here’s how to make it:
SUBSTITUTIONS FOR BASIL DRESSING
White Wine Vinegar: We strongly recommend using white wine vinegar. We haven’t tried this recipe with champagne vinegar or red wine vinegar but I think it would work. Red wine vinegar has a much more acidic taste.
Basil: Fresh basil is essential to this dressing. We don’t recommend using dried basil. We haven’t tried this with fresh parsley, but I’m sure it would work!
How to Serve Basil Vinaigrette
This basil dressing goes well with so many things! Here are some of our favorite ways to enjoy it:
- On Spinach Strawberry Salad
- As a marinade on Vegetable Kebabs
- Use it in place of the dressing on Greek Salad
- Use it as a marinade on Grilled Chicken
- Use it as a dressing on Caprese Pasta Salad
- Drizzle it on Mediterranean Quinoa Salad or Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
How to Store Basil Dressing
Storing: This basil vinaigrette will last in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
Note on separation: Separation may occur when stored in the fridge. Use a spoon to stir together or quickly blend again to reconstruct the dressing.
Basil Dressing FAQ
Basil vinaigrette is a simple dressing made of extra virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar, fresh basil leaves, and spices!
Making basil salad dressing is so easy! Simply add fresh basil, olive oil, white wine vinegar and spices to a blender or a food processor. Pulse until smooth and enjoy!
Yes, basil does go well with balsamic vinegar. Basil is very light and has a mild flavor that balances out the acidity and taste from balsamic vinegar.
Other healthy salad dressing recipes:
Here are some of our favorite salad dressing recipes. For more ideas checkout these Healthy Salad Dressing Recipes!
Best Basil Vinaigrette Recipe
- In a food processor or small blender, combine all ingredients until smooth.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.