This Balsamic Grilled Chicken Recipe is perfect for summer grilling. Paleo, gluten free, and easy to make – you’ll love this healthy marinade!
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
If you’re looking for the easiest, and most delicious chicken marinade ever – look no further. This Balsamic Grilled Chicken is a staple in our house and so simple!
Something I’ve learned over the years is that you don’t need to have tons of ingredients to make a delicious dish – you just have to have a few really good quality ingredients that pair together the right way.
This balsamic grilled chicken recipe only has 6 ingredients (including the chicken) and takes minimal time to prepare. It’s yummy and simple!
This is one of my all time favorite grilling recipes, so it was a must for sharing with grilling week (have you seen the other recipes we’ve shared?? Check them out: Vegetable Kebabs, Citrus Grilled Pork Tenderloin, Asian Salmon, Burger Salad with Dill Pickle Vinaigrette )
Let me show you just how easy it is to make!
Things we used to make Balsamic Grilled Chicken:
To make balsamic grilled chicken you’ll need chicken, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, thyme, and pepper.
Once you have your ingredients, you’re ready to go!
How to make balsamic grilled chicken:
Making balsamic grilled chicken is SO easy.. ready for this? Gather your ingredients, whisk together your marinate, let the chicken marinate annnnd GRILL!
15-20 minutes later and you’ll have perfect grilled chicken that is LOADED with flavor! You can eat it with veggies, on a salad, on a sandwich.. the possibilities are endless!
How to grill chicken:
We recommend grilling chicken on medium to high heat around 375 degrees. Depending on the thickness of your chicken you’ll need about 7-9 minutes on each side.
You can check the internal temperature of chicken to make sure it’s cooked thoroughly, it should be at 165!
Tips for best balsamic grilled chicken:
- Tenderize– Ever had chicken that’s bouncy or rubbery? Yea, no thanks. The easiest way to prevent that is to tenderize your chicken with a meat tenderizer. Put your chicken in between parchment paper or saran wrap and pound the chicken until it is thinner.
- Mariante – Make sure you marinate your chicken! It’s SO important for extra flavor. 30 minutes will do but 1-3 hours is even better
- Cut if pieces are too large – Some of the chicken breasts I see at the stores are enormous.. you can butterfly them and cut them into smaller pieces to avoid getting tough, oversized chicken pieces. (I buy my chicken from ButcherBox and never have this problem. The chicken is always normal sized and super tender!)
Substitutions for this recipe:
- To make Whole30– omit honey
- Herbs – You can sub in chopped basil or rosemary instead of thyme
- Balsamic Vinegar – Try using infused balsamic vinegars for even more flavor
- Baking in oven – You can bake the chicken in the oven at 400 for 20-25 minutes if you don’t have a grill.
What to serve with this balsamic grilled chicken:
Balsamic Grilled Chicken
- Whisk together olive oil, balsamic, honey and fresh thyme.
- Pour marinade into a ziploc bag or container.
- Add chicken to marinade and allow it to marinade for at least 30 minutes. (Overnight is best!)
- When ready to cook, heat grill on high and cook on each side for 7-9 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly (internal temp should be 165)
- To make Whole30- omit honey
- Herbs - You can sub in chopped basil or rosemary instead of thyme
- Balsamic Vinegar - Try using infused balsamic vinegars for even more flavor
- Baking in oven - You can bake the chicken in the oven at 400 for 20-25 minutes if you don't have a grill.