Healthy Green Beans Almondine are an easy + delicious side dish that are perfect with any meal! Gluten free, grain free, and whole30 friendly.
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
These Healthy Green Beans Almondine have become a favorite at our house for dinner lately! Garlicky, delicious green beans that are tossed with crunchy almonds + the perfect amount of salt and pepper…I mean.. how can you go wrong?!
Green beans have been one of my favorite veggies for pretty much forever, but when you jazz them up with this simple (but tasty!) recipe, you’ve got the perfect side dish!
As much as I love green beans, they’re always a point of disagreement.. or should I say discussion.. between Tyler and I. I like them SUPER crunchy (like borderline raw), while Tyler wants them to be cooked to death.
After making this a couple times, I perfected the cook time to be somewhere in the middle of what we both like.
Not too crispy, not to mushy.. they have the perfect little snap when you bite into them! Along with an amazing burst of flavor from the garlic/salt/pepper combo (which in my opinion is simply the best!!).
These Healthy Green Beans Almondine go great alongside basically any meal because they have a relatively ‘neutral’ flavor to them. I love to put them alongside my Whole 30 Rosemary Pecan Crusted Chicken Cutlets or Whole 30 Lemon Rosemary Crockpot Whole Chicken, but we have also put them with roasted pork tenderloin + that tastes great too!
It always amazes me that such simple ingredients can make something SO tasty!
If you were to double or triple the batch, they’d even be great for serving at a holiday! Maybe alongside your Easter ham or Thanksgiving turkey?
I’m biased, but I think they’re good with anything + everything – so you should definitely give them a try!
Substitutions for this green beans almondine:
- If you want to add even more flavor to these green beans, try adding a 1/2 teaspoon of thyme leaves or freshly chopped rosemary – both are delicious!
- Nuts – You can sub walnuts or pecans for the almondsWhat’s your favorite way to cook green beans? Usually I just roast them on a sheet pan, but I think this is my new favorite way to enjoy them!
- Oil– You can use avocado or refined coconut oil instead of olive oil.
Other healthy side dishes:
- Crispy Sheet Pan Roasted Potatoes
- Garlic Rosemary Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Crispy Garlic Thyme Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Honey Thyme Garlic Carrots
Healthy Green Beans Almondine
- Heat olive oil in pan on the stove. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add green beans, salt + pepper to the pan.
- Sauté green beans and garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add water. Cover and steam on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cover, add almonds, and sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes until liquid has evaporated from the pan. Serve + enjoy!