This Healthy Apple Cider Bread is a delicious fall treat! Gluten free and sweetened only with honey – it’s perfect for a quick breakfast or snack. This post is sponsored by North Coast.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links. This post was originally shared in October of 2018 but has since been updated.
If you love fall as much as I do, you probably love a good warm cup of apple cider. Maybe with an apple cider donut? Or maybe… with this apple cider bread!
I don’t know about you, but I love all things fall related.
The weather, the food, the activities.. all of it! There’s something about the leaves starting to change and weather cooling off that just makes me happy!
One of the main reasons I love fall is because of ALL things apple. We always go apple picking, and I make all things apple… Apple Oatmeal, Applesauce, Healthy Apple Muffins, Baked Apples.. I mean, anything apple that I can make, I do.
If you’re from the North East, you likely have had a day where you go out to an apple orchard, got in a tractor, rode out to the fields, sipping on warm apple cider and picking far more apples than you could eat… only to come home and instantly want to make something delicious with them.
Even if you don’t live by an apple orchard – my friends at North Coast & I have the solution for you.
Their Apple Cider tastes just like the one I used to get right from the farm.. and that’s because it actually comes from a farm!
North Coast sources their fruit only from organic farmers that just use water to grow their fruit (no weird pesticides or things like that!).
All of their apple products are certified organic, non GMO, and made without any added sugars or preservatives. Plus, they all taste DELICIOUS!
Ingredients for Apple Cider Bread
Apple cider bread is made with pantry staples you probably already have on hand.
To make this bread we used:
- oat flour
- baking powder & baking soda
- cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg
- coconut oil
- vanilla extract
- North Coast Apple Cider
How to make Apple Cider Bread:
There are no fancy instructions for this apple cider bread.
- Simply gather your ingredients
- Mix together in a bowl until combined
- Pour into a 8×4 loaf pan, and bake!
After a little under an hour in the oven, you’ll have warm, delicious apple cider bread. And your house is going to basically smell like fall!
I mean… look at those apple chunks!!
What kind of apples are best for baking?
ANY apple will work for baking, but different apples have different tastes.
If you prefer sweeter apples, Cortland or Fuji are a good choice. For a more tart applesauce Braeburn, McIntosh are a better choice.
This post lists all of the different apples and flavors they bring to a dish.
There’s really no ‘wrong’ apple to use – when you bake them they become softer, sweeter + sooo delicious!
Substitutions for Apple Cider Bread:
- Fruit- You can sub chopped pears, peaches or even berries for the apples in this recipe. All will be delicious.
- Applesauce- You can sub pumpkin puree for applesauce in the recipe to make a pumpkin apple cider bread
- Cider - You can sub apple juice for apple cider if you don't have it on hand
- Spices - If you don't have nutmeg, it's ok to skip it. Try adding in a tiny pinch of cloves, or allspice
- Oil- Olive oil or avocado oil will work in place of coconut oil
How to store apple cider bread:
Storing Apple Cider Bread: You can store this bread covered on your counter for a few days, but I recommend keeping it in the refrigerator for maximum freshness! It will last up to a week in the refrigerator – but will lose it’s freshness after about 3 days on the counter.
How to freeze Apple Cider Bread: You can slice this bread and individually wrap it or freeze it whole. To defrost a whole loaf – take it out the night before you’d like to enjoy it and set it in the refrigerator.
When you’re ready to serve – pop in the microwave. If you’re defrosting a single slice, you can put it directly in the microwave or toaster oven until it is warm.
We hope you love this apple cider bread as much as we do. It's so cozy, and great when served with a Pumpkin Spice Latte or one of these delicious healthy apple recipes.
Other healthy apple recipes:
- Apple Chicken Breakfast Sausage
- 30 Healthy Apple Recipes
- Healthy Apple Muffins
- Apple Pork Tenderloin Sheet Pan Dinner
Other Healthy Bread Recipes:
- Healthy Zucchini Bread
- Healthy Gingerbread Loaf
- Zucchini Banana Bread
- Healthy Banana Bread
- Healthy Cocoa Coconut Almond Butter Bread
- Healthy Lemon Blueberry Bread
Healthy Apple Cider Bread
- 2 cup oat flour use gluten free if necessary
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted + cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¾ cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup North Coast Apple Cider
- 1 cup apples peeled + diced. Honeycrisp or Braeburn work best
- Preheat oven to 350 + prepare a greased 8x4 loaf pan.
- In a bowl, mix together oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and spices. In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut oil, egg, egg whites, vanilla extract, honey, and North Coast Applesauce + Cider
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until smooth. Slowly fold in apple pieces.
- Pour batter into greased pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until top starts to brown and toothpick comes out clean when inserted inside.
- Allow 30 minutes to cool. Slice + enjoy!