This Rosemary Crispy Smashed Potatoes recipe is the perfect easy side dish to any healthy dinner. These potatoes are paleo, vegan, Whole30 friendly and easy to make. Crispy on the outside + soft on the inside, everyone at your table will love these!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
Have I mentioned that I freakin’ love carbs? Cause I do. For a majority of my childhood my dinner of choice would always have been pasta. I mean, if I’m being perfectly honest it still is, but I’ve since become a little more sophisticated + don’t just eat pasta with butter.
There really isn’t a carb that I don’t like… I love all breads, grains + other starches too. (They’re all just so good.)
Potatoes are definitely at the top of the list right after pasta, and these Crispy Rosemary Smashed Potatoes are my preferred method of enjoying them (along with these Crispy Sheet Pan Roasted Potatoes)
Obviously the best way to eat a potato is to slice it up and deep fry it… cause french fries are the best, DUH. Buuuut these Crispy Rosemary Smashed Potatoes come in at a close second to fries.
Seriously… these things are heavenly. I’ve seen smashed potato recipes on Pinterest over the years, but I had never actually tried to make them.
Really all you have to do is boil, smash, drizzle with EVOO/spices + bake away! Super easy. I just used plain olive oil and fresh rosemary on these.. but you could easily dress them up with an infused olive oil like this one or a fun spice blend.
They’re very quick to make + are definitely a new favorite in our house!
They’re kinda a match made in heaven. Honestly though, I could eat them straight off the cookie sheet with nothing else. (And I totally did riiiight after getting these photos… no shame in my game!)
Things we used for this recipe:
Recipes to serve these potatoes with:
- Whole30 Rosemary Pecan Crusted Chicken Cutlets
- Whole30 Lemon Rosemary Crockpot Whole Chicken
- Healthy Crockpot Pulled Pork
- Balsamic Grilled Chicken
Crispy Rosemary Smashed Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Boil the potatoes for 20-25 minutes until fork tender.
- In a bowl, whisk together salt, pepper and fresh rosemary
- Drain the potatoes and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Press the potatoes with a masher or a fork until flat. Brush the olive oil/spice mixture over the potatoes.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes and then broil for 2-3 minutes to get that super crispy outside
Did you know I have a FREE 7 Day Whole30 Meal Plan? Click here for the details!