A Healthy Baked French Fries recipe that is paleo, Whole30 and gluten free! Made with only four ingredients, they’re easy to make and taste delicious!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
Is there anything better than biting into a perfectly crispy, slightly salty, warm french fry? Honestly, I don’t think so!
These Healthy Baked French Fries are seriously delicious and have the perfect amount of crunch!
These baked french fries go well with just about anything, and are far better for you than fries that are deep fried. Regardless of what you serve them with, these Healthy Baked French Fries are going to be a hit!
Fries get a pretty bad reputation because of fast food. A lot of people think that they have to be unhealthy, when in reality – potatoes aren’t the enemy!
When you bake potatoes with heart healthy oils, and go light on the salt… they actually aren’t as bad for you as many people think.
Ingredients to make baked french fries:
In order to make baked french fries you’ll need potatoes
How to cut french fries:
You don’t need a fancy fry cutter to cut french fries. To cut potatoes into fries, slice potatoes into thin slabs (see step 2).
Slice slabs into 1/2 inch thick sticks.
You now have perfect french fry shapes!
Once you have your potatoes cut – you’re good to go!
How to make baked french fries:
Are potatoes healthy?
Yes! Potatoes actually are high in fiber, and have a good about of nutrients in them including B6, potassium, and phosphorous! (More info about it here)
And did I mention that they just taste really good? Try to convince me that you wouldn’t want to eat an entire plate of these. LOOK at how crispy they are!
And that’s how it’s done! Super simple, delicious fries that are perfect as a side with pretty much anything. They’re crispy, just the right amount of salty, and so yummy!
What can you eat these healthy baked french fries with?
- Pretty much anything.. I’m serious.
- Healthy Chicken Tenders
- Sweet Potato Turkey Jalapeno Sliders
- Whole30 Cashew Coconut Chicken Tenders
I do have to warn you though.. once you start eating these, you will become addicted. You start off by just trying one, and then you want another, and another.. and one more.. you get the picture.
Other healthy potato recipes:
- Crispy Dijon Roasted Potatoes
- Crispy Rosemary Smashed Potatoes
- Crispy Garlic Thyme Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Crispy Sheet Pan Roasted Potatoes
Healthy Baked French Fries
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. While oven is heating, cut potatoes into fry shapes, approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Add cut potatoes, olive oil, salt + pepper to a ziploc bag or large mixing bowl. Shake to cover all of the potatoes evenly with oil + seasoning
- Place potatoes on a greased cookie sheet or silpat baking liner.
- Bake at 450 for 25 minutes, flip + bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until all fries are golden brown.
- Depending on oven, you can broil the fries for an extra minute at the end to make them extra crispy
Did you know I have a FREE 7 Day Whole30 Meal Plan? Click here for the details!