This Healthy Baked French Fries recipe is paleo, Whole30 and gluten free. Made with only four ingredients, they’re easy to make and taste delicious!
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
Is there anything better than biting into a perfectly crispy, slightly salty warm french fry? Honestly, I don’t think so! These Healthy Baked French Fries are seriously delicious and have the perfect amount of crunch! These baked french fries go well with just about anything, and are far better for you than fries that are deep fried. Regardless of what you serve them with, these Healthy Baked French Fries are going to be a hit!
Fries get a pretty bad reputation because of fast food. The commercialization of french fries makes everyone thing that they have to be unhealthy, when in reality – potatoes aren’t the enemy! When you bake potatoes with heart healthy oils, and go light on the salt… they actually aren’t as bad for you as many people think.
Are potatoes healthy?
Yes! Potatoes actually are high in fiber, and have a good about of nutrients in them including B6, potassium, and phosphorous! (More info about it here) And did I mention that they just taste really good? Try to convince me that you wouldn’t want to eat an entire plate of these. LOOK at how crispy they are!
What can you eat these healthy baked french fries with?
- Pretty much anything.. I’m serious
- Clean Eating Chicken Tenders
- Sweet Potato Turkey Jalapeno Sliders
- Whole30 Cashew Coconut Chicken Tenders
I do have to warn you though.. once you start eating these, you will become addicted. You start off by just trying one, and then you want another, and another.. and one more.. you get the picture. The reason these plates/trays look a little skimpy in the photos is because I was eating as I was taking the photos. No shame in my game.. these things are DELISH.
What do you need to make healthy french fries?
Healthy Baked French Fries
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. While oven is heating, cut potatoes into fry shapes, approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Add cut potatoes, olive oil, salt + pepper to a ziploc bag or large mixing bowl. Shake to cover all of the potatoes evenly with oil + seasoning
- Place potatoes on a greased cookie sheet or silpat baking liner.
- Bake at 450 for 25 minutes, flip + bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until all fries are golden brown.
- Depending on oven, you can broil the fries for an extra minute at the end to make them extra crispy