Healthy Chicken Tenders are the perfect guilt free, delicious dinner! Whole30, paleo, and gluten free- they’ll be loved by everyone, including picky eaters!
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
If you LOVE chicken tenders but are looking for a lighter option – these are for you! Baked instead of fried, paleo, whole30 and SO yummy – these are one of my all time favorite meals.
When I was growing up.. I basically lived off of chicken nuggets/chicken tenders + pasta. I was the PICKIEST eater ever.
If we’re being totally honest, I never really grew out of my chicken tender loving phase, and I still crave them.
But here’s the thing with chicken tenders/chicken nuggets. In addition to being fried (we all know that’s no good for you), their ingredients are seriously questionable.. from the chicken on the inside, to the batter on the outside.. there are some WEIRD things in there…
That’s why I came up with my Healthy Chicken Tenders recipe! (Which I personally think is even better than whatever you’d get from a restaurant!)
What makes these chicken tenders healthy?
- Minimal ingredients – These chicken tenders are paleo, whole30, gluten free and so delicious!
- Baked, not fried– Even though these tenders are baked instead of being fried – you’d never taste the difference!
- Gluten, sugar, and soy free– Most chicken tenders are coated in bread crumbs and have all kinds of funky additives – these don’t!
- Low carb – while low carb doesn’t necessary = healthy, the batter on these tenders is made from better-for-you nut flours instead of bread crumbs!
How to serve Healthy Chicken Tenders
I always pair these healthy chicken tenders alongside my Healthy Baked French Fries and usually dip them in mustard. This one is one of my favorites, but I’ve also been loving this Organic Honey Dijon that is made locally in CT.
Other healthy chicken recipes:
- Chicken Caprese Quinoa Meal Prep Bowls
- Whole30 Greek Chicken Zucchini Noodles
- Sheet Pan Lemon Rosemary Chicken Thigh Dinner
- Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Boats
Healthy Chicken Tenders
- Preheat oven to 450. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix together shredded coconut, coconut flour, almond meal and pepper
- In a separate bowl mix beat one egg and milk
- Dip the chicken into egg mixture, and then dip into breading until all chicken is coated.
- Place the chicken tenders on lined baking sheet. Bake at 450 for 10-15 minutes, flip and bake for an additional 10 minutes until outside of chicken is crunchy. Enjoy!
Did you know I have a FREE 7 Day Whole30 Meal Plan? Click here for the details!