This Strawberry Avocado Goat Cheese Salad is the perfect Summer salad! Packed with fruit, cheese and veggies – it’s delicious and easy to put together!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
This Strawberry Avocado Goat Cheese Salad is basically the salad of the summer (or just really all year if we’re being real).
This salad was born how all great meals are born… by cleaning out the fridge in hopes of piecing together a good meal. A few goat cheese crumbles.. half an avocado.. oh and berries!
Throw it all in a bowl with some greens and ta-da!
When you add a little bit of a homemade vinaigrette on top – you’ve got a zesty, easy meal that’s packed with flavor and not only looks super pretty but tastes delicious! (AKA my favorite kind of meals!)
This Strawberry and Goat Cheese Salad is the Best!
I’m always looking for simple, easy meals, but in the Summer time, they’re basically a requirement. It gets toooo hot when we turn the oven on.. so salads are pretty much our go to.
- Quick and Easy: This salad recipe only takes 10 minutes to make!
- Versatile: Salads are such a great way to mix and match whatever toppings you want! Check the green box below for our suggestions.
- Great for meal prep: Because it lasts well in the fridge, this salad is great for meal prep!
Goat Cheese and Strawberry Salad Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make the best strawberry salad:
- arugula or baby kale or spinach
- red onion
- goat cheese
Ingredients for the vinaigrette:
You can find substitutions for all of these ingredients below in the green shaded box.
How to make Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad
- Whisk together all ingredients for vinaigrette in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl (or on a platter), gently toss together all salad ingredients with vinaigrette until coated.
Variations and Substitutions for Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese and Strawberries
Arugula: You can use any type of salad for this recipe. Spinach or spring mix are all delicious!
Avocado: Can be subbed with cucumber or omitted.
Onions: are optional! Feel free to omit or sub with pickled onion.
Chicken Breasts: You can substitute with boneless chicken thighs or chicken tenders.
Balsamic Vinegar: You can use red wine, white wine or champagne vinegar in place of balsamic in vinaigrette.
What to serve with Arugula Strawberry Salad
This salad would be great for bringing to a picnic or serving at a Summer happy hour with friends. It only takes a few minutes to throw together, and it looks fancier than it really is! We love to serve it with:
- A Protein: baked chicken breast, chicken tenders, or pulled pork
- A piece of avocado toast
- Other Dressings: This Healthy Lemon Basil Vinaigrette is delicious, but I also love it with our Easy Basil Vinaigrette, Honey Lemon Dressing, or even just plain balsamic vinegar and oil!
Storing Salad with Goat Cheese and Strawberries
This salad is best when eaten fresh but will last in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
After a few days, the strawberries will start to get a little bit slimy and will not be as crisp/fresh.
Strawberry and Goat Cheese Salad FAQs
This salad is about 327 calories per serving.
Arugula is a healthy green for a salad because it is high in fiber and phytochemicals.
It can be a healthy cheese option because it has protein, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals.
Strawberries are such a delicious and healthy addition to your diet. They’re low in calories, naturally sweet, and loaded with vitamins. 1 cup of strawberries has under 60 calories, making them the perfect snack or addition to any meal.