This Healthy Lemon Basil Vinaigrette is a refreshing, easy salad dressing! Whole30 friendly, vegan, paleo, gluten free, and absolutely delicious!
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
This Lemon Basil Vinaigrette is one of my favorite easy salad dressings! It is super light and fresh, loaded with flavor, and perfect on salads!
If you’ve never made your own salad dressing, I promise it is nowhere near as difficult as you might think.
Even though it’s nice to just grab something quick at the store… it’s SO worth taking a few extra minutes to make your own!
Adding just a touch of something like this Healthy Lemon Basil Vinaigrette recipe gives a salad giant burst of flavor, and only take a few extra minutes to make!
Now – I do want to say, I’m thankful some nights for the pre-made salad dressings at the store. Over the past few years brands like Tessemae’s (I used their honey poppyseed dressing in these Honey Poppyseed Pineapple Chicken Skewers) and Primal Kitchen Foods have popped up with really tasty, better-for-you, pre-made dressings that I actually love.
But as delicious as they are, I still love making my own dressings!
I’ve found there a few things that can help you make your own killer homemade dressing
How to Make a Good Homemade Dressing
- Good Quality Oil – I typically use good quality olive oil or avocado oil in my dressings as a base.
- Acidity – You need some sort of acidity to cut the fattiness of the oils. Citrus juices or mustards typically work great, as well as vinegars
- Spices – Premade spice mixes like these are great, but a teaspoon or two of Italian Seasoning will also work great. Truthfully, you can’t go wrong.. so mixing in a little bit of garlic power and your favorite fresh or dried herbs will also do the trick
- Sweet – I’ve found that occasionally adding something sweet like a bit of honey, jam, or juice can really add a lot of flavor to a dressing as well.
With summer basil everywhere you look – I knew it would be delicious alongside good olive oil + some lemon juice. This recipe is super simple + I know you’re going to love it!
The dressing goes great on pretty much anything, but I love it on this Strawberry Avocado Goat Cheese Salad. The sweet peaches and raspberries with the lemon/basil dressing combo is SO yummy!
Plus, it’s vegan, whole 30 and paleo – so anyone can enjoy it!
Things we used to make Lemon Basil Dressing
Healthy Salads to put this dressing on:
- Strawberry Avocado Goat Cheese Salad
- Citrus Salad with Maple Cayenne Candied Walnuts
- Healthy Summer Peach Arugula Salad
Healthy Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
- In a food processor or blender, blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour over your favorite salad + enjoy!