These are the best Whole30 Salad Dressings. From homemade to store bought all are gluten free, paleo, and delicious!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
If you’ve ever done a Whole30, or are currently doing one – you know it is difficult to find whole30 salad dressings!
Many store brands of dressings are not compliant, and often have ingredients like sugar or dairy.
Making your own salad dressings is super simple and easy to do. I’ve included some recipes for you below, but wanted to encourage you to try making your own blends too! Here are some tips:
What dressings can you use on Whole30?
There are a few amazing dressing companies in stores that are Whole30 approved. I’ll link the Whole30 Starter Packs of them below for you.
- Whole30 has their own brand of sauces/dressings. I love the creamy balsamic & ranch!
- Tessemae’s – Balsamic Vinegar, Ranch (Habanero, Buffalo, Everything Bagel, Avocado, Creamy), Lemon Garlic, Caesar, Italian
- Primal Kitchen -Ranch (Vegan, Regular), Balsamic Vinaigrette, Caesar, Green Goddess, Italian + Dreamy Italian, Lemon Turmeric, Thousand Island, Greek Vinaigrette
- The New Primal – Buffalo Ranch, Wasabi Ranch, Classic Ranch, Carrot Ginger
- Sir Kensington’s – Classic Ranch
- Whole30 Brand can be found on their website or on Thrive Market. They have a Buffalo Vinaigrette, Elderberry Vinaigrette, Creamy Buffalo, Ranch, and a Secret Sauce
How to make Whole30 Dressings:
There are a few things to make a good dressing. Here are some of the things you need to make a delicious Whole30 dressing!
- Good Quality Oil – I typically use good quality olive oil or avocado oil in my dressings as a base.
- Acidity – You need some sort of acidity to cut the fattiness of the oils. Citrus juices (lemon, lime, orange) or mustards typically work great, as well as vinegars (balsamic, red wine, etc)
- Spices – Premade spice mixes like these are great, but a teaspoon or two of Italian Seasoning will also work great. Truthfully, you can’t go wrong.. so mixing in a little bit of garlic powder and your favorite fresh or dried herbs will also do the trick
Now, here are some easy Whole30 dressings you can try!
Healthy Italian Dressing is super flavorful and easy to make – it’s great on salads or as a marinade!
Healthy Lemon Basil Vinaigrette is super light and fresh. I love it on a salad with berries and grilled chicken!
Greek Salad Dressing Recipe is one of our favorite things to add to a salad or marinate chicken with.
Lemon Ginger Turmeric Dressing is SO yummy. It gets nice and creamy from blending it.
Strawberry Basil Dressing is DELISH! We love the sweetness that the berries add. So good with pine nuts and avocado!
Paleo Ranch Dressing is is amazing. You can’t go wrong with ranch… ever!
Creamy Garlic Salad Dressing reminds me of the creamy dressings you get at a restaurant. It’s super flavorful and easy to make!
Turmeric Tahini Dressing is a yummy way to use up tahini. The tahini makes it super creamy!
For more ideas check out these Healthy Salad Dressing Recipes (not all are whole30, so check ingredients)!
Whole30 Salad Dressing FAQ
Tessemae’s, Primal Kitchen, Whole30 Brand, The New Primal, Thrive Market, and Primal Kitchen all make Whole30 friendly salad dressings. Always double check the labels to make sure, but most of these brands will have the Whole30 logo on them if they are approved!
Balsamic vinegar is Whole30 approved, but not all balsamic vinaigrettes are Whole30 approved. Some balsamic vinegars/vinaigrettes have sugar or sulfites added which are not Whole30 approved. The Whole30 brand and Tessemae’s both make Whole30 approved balsamic vinaigrettes.
Any condiment can be made Whole30 friendly. Primal Kitchen, Whole30, Tessemae’s, The New Primal and Thrive Market all make Whole30 approved condiments. From mayo to mustard, ketchup, dressings, and more – these brands have tons of Whole30 condiments
No, it is not. There is nothing you can order off the menu without tweaking at Olive Garden that is Whole30 friendly.
Looking for other whole30 meals/inspiration? Check out these posts:
Whole30 Recipe Resources:
- Whole30 Sheet Pan Dinner Recipes
- Whole30 CrockPot Recipes
- Whole30 Breakfast Recipes
- Whole30 Instant Pot Recipes
- Whole30 Chicken Recipes
- Whole30 Soup Recipes