These Whole30 Breakfast Recipes are easy, delicious and healthy! Naturally gluten free and paleo, they’re perfect for meal prepping.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links. This post was originally shared in 2018 but has since been updated.
Whether it’s your first whole30 or fifth whole30, you’ve probably thought: well if there are no gluten, grains, soy, dairy or sugar… what CAN I eat for breakfast?! That’s why I rounded up these Whole30 Breakfast Recipes for you!
Breakfast can be tricky when doing a Whole30. You can easily burn out on basic scrambled eggs, veggies and avocado. And if you’re someone like me who really doesn’t even love breakfasts… then you’re in trouble!
I often eat leftover dinners or lunches for my breakfasts (yes, that means I enjoy Paleo Turkey Chili and Healthy Crockpot Pulled Pork at 8AM sometimes, judge me.) but these healthy whole30 breakfast recipes are great if that’s not your style.
Did you know I have a FREE 7 Day Whole30 Meal Plan? Click here for your copy!
Whole30 Breakfast Casserole Recipes:
Breakfast casseroles are our favorite easy breakfast! You can use up whatever veggies/protein you have laying around in the fridge, mix them with eggs and they’re transformed into a new meal!
Potato Crust Quiche is our favorite Whole30 breakfast. It has a crispy potato ‘crust’ made from shredded potatoes or hash browns and it’s you can use ANY veggies in it!
Sausage Egg Bake is one of our favorites – all you need to make it is cooked sausage, some greens and some veggies!
Egg Casserole with Hash Browns is so simple to make. This breakfast casserole with hash browns is great for a crowd or brunch!
Healthy Breakfast Casserole is the perfect make ahead veggie egg casserole. Easy to make and delicious- it’s a healthy breakfast you’ll love!
Whole30 Breakfast Casserole is also vegetarian, paleo, low-carb, dairy-free and gluten-free. Made with nothing but eggs and nutritious veggies!
Ham and Broccoli Breakfast Casserole is a great way to use up any leftover ham from Easter, Christmas, or any other holiday. With simple ingredients, it cooks up in the oven for an easy and delicious gluten free breakfast.
Frittatas are similar to casseroles, but often are started on the stove top and finished in the oven. Regardless of how they’re cooked – they’re delicious!
Buffalo Chicken Frittata … you can’t go wrong with buffalo chicken for breakfast!
Sun Dried Tomato Sweet Potato Frittata is loaded with flavor. We love cooking with sun dried tomatoes!
Spinach Tomato Frittata is a go to for using up fresh summer tomatoes!
Healthy Vegetable Frittata is loaded with all the protein and alllll the veggies. Our kind of breakfast!
Whole30 Breakfast Muffins
Breakfast muffins are great on your Whole30 because they’re grab and go friendly! These can be eaten cold, or warmed up in the toaster oven/microwave!
Egg & Potato Breakfast Muffins are great for breakfast on the go!
Bacon Frittata Breakfast Muffins are so yummy. The bacon helps keep them moist and tasty!
Spring Frittata with Avocado is the perfect way to use up spring produce!
Prosciutto Plantain Egg Cups with Chimicurri are SO good. The prosciutto gets nice and crispy in the oven and the combo of the egg + plantain is delish!
Instant Pot Egg Bites are great for a make ahead breakfast!
Other easy Whole30 Breakfast Recipes:
Breakfast Cauliflower Fried Rice is one of the most popular recipes on our site! Cauliflower rice can be boring, but when you cook it in bacon fat and add some veggies – it is delish!
Sheet Pan Breakfast is the perfect healthy recipe to start your day! Sheet pan eggs, veggies & potatoes all get baked together on one pan for an easy meal.
Apple Chicken Breakfast Sausage are super easy to make. Whole30 compliant sausage can be expensive to make/eat so we love making our own!
How to Cook Crispy Bacon in Oven is an essential for your Whole30. We add bacon to everything
Breakfast Salad is both beautiful and tasty! Salads for breakfast are a great way to start your day off with veggies!
Sweet Potato Omelette looks amazing! Omelettes are one of our favorite healthy breakfasts. Adding sweet potatoes inside the omelette helps to add healthy carbs to keep you full!
Whole30 Sweet Potato Breakfast made in 3 different ways! From a classic combo, to an egg-free, and even a sweet option, these stuffed sweet potatoes make easy, healthy, and satisfying healthy breakfast recipes.
This Breakfast Skillet can be made with only3 ingredients. Super filling and easy to make! The meal is keto-friendly, Whole30-friendly, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
Sweet Potato Hash Browns with Bacon and Eggs breakfast is Whole30 compatible and Paleo compliant! It’s full of flavor and packed with bacon and root vegetables.
What not to eat for Whole30 Breakfast:
Since grains, gluten, dairy, soy and sugar are off limits that means no:
Don’t worry though, there are PLENTY of options below. I try to focus on the things we can have when doing a whole30 rather than all the things we can’t have!
Easy Whole30 Breakfast Ideas:
If you need a quick breakfast idea, you can mix and match any of the following portions for a balanced breakfast:
- Protein: Hard Boiled Eggs, Sausage, Any of the frittata’s/casseroles mentioned below
- Carbs: Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Crispy Potatoes, Sweet potato ‘toast’, Spiralized Potatoes, Baked Fries
- Veggies: Roasted Veggies, Salad, Avocado Tomato Salad
- Healthy Fat: Olives, Avocado, Ghee, Crispy Bacon
- Drinks: We love our coffee with this Whole30 friendly half and half or homemade almond milk, sometimes we will make a Pumpkin Spice Latte or a Turmeric Ginger Latte. You can also drink cold brew, unsweetened tea, or infused water.
What makes these recipes whole30?
All of these recipes are: dairy free, gluten free, grain free, soy free, sugar free and legume free. They’re also delicious!
Looking for other Whole30 resources? Check out these posts!
Whole30 Shopping Lists:
- Best Whole30 Target Shopping List
- The Best Whole30 ALDI Shopping List
- The Best Whole 30 Trader Joe’s Shopping List
- The Best Whole30 Costco Shopping List
Whole30 Recipe Resources:
- Whole30 Sheet Pan Dinner Recipes
- Whole30 CrockPot Dinner Recipes
- Whole30 Chicken Recipes
- Whole30 Instant Pot Recipes
- Whole30 Dressings You Have to Try
- Whole30 Soup Recipes
Whole30 Breakfast: Healthy Quiche
- Preheat oven to 450. Grease a glass pie plate by spraying with olive or coconut oil.
- Grate potatoes. Squeeze as much liquid out of potatoes with a paper towel or dish towel. In a bowl, toss grated potatoes with 1 tablespoon flaxseed cooking oil.
- Press the potatoes into the pie plate to form a crust. Bake the crust in the oven for 20 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- While crust is baking, whisk together eggs + almond milk. Chop vegetables + stir into egg mixture with seasonings.
- Once crust has cooked, pour egg/veggie mixture into the crust + return to the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- Allow quiche to cool for 10 minutes + serve.
- vegetables – You can use any vegetable you like! I used a mix of tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, peppers, and onions – but anything would go great in this! You need about a cup and a half of vegetables in total (except for spinach) to fit well in an 8 inch shallow pie plate.
- milk – I used almond milk in this recipe to keep it paleo/whole30 but if you don’t follow those diets you can use regular milk
- cheese– Cheese is not part of Whole30/paleo – but if you’re not following those diets I highly recommend adding in goat cheese or parmesan to this. It adds so much flavor!