These Healthy Brunch Recipes are great for a crowd. From sweet to savory, vegetarian, with eggs, these breakfast recipes are easy to make!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links. This post was originally shared in 2017 but has since been updated
Our Favorite Brunch Food: Egg Hash Brown Casserole
Isn’t brunch *the best*?! It combines two of the best meals in one and allows you to eat all kinds of goodies.
We love hosting (and eating) brunch and thought that you guys might like some easy, healthy brunch recipes that you can make ahead and share with friends! Here are our best healthy brunch ideas.
Easy Brunch Recipe Ideas: Brunch Foods with Eggs
No brunch is complete without some eggs or other savory dishes! All of these are really tasty and easy to make! Even better – these reheat well so you can enjoy the leftovers all week! Here are our best egg Brunch Menu Ideas:
- Sheet Pan Breakfast is great for brunch for two! Sheet pan eggs, veggies & potatoes all get baked together on one pan for an easy meal. Paleo, Whole30, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, and perfect for meal prepping!
- Egg Muffin Cups are so easy to make! These spinach egg muffins are perfect for a quick healthy meal!
- Cheese and Bacon Quiche is so simple to make. Made with only 10 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time, this is a delicious breakfast!
- Healthy Breakfast Casserole is the perfect make ahead veggie egg casserole. Easy to make and delicious- it’s a healthy breakfast you’ll love!
- Vegetable Frittata! Learn how to make a veggie frittata in under an hour for the perfect healthy breakfast.
- Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole that is so delicious! This casserole cooks overnight for a healthy breakfast and is perfect for meal prepping or brunch!
- Breakfast Burritos made with bacon and Southwest flavors. This is a delicious, healthy breakfast you can meal prep and enjoy on the go.
- Breakfast Casserole with Bacon! This cheesy bacon breakfast casserole is great for brunch or meal prep! Delicious and healthy!
- Potato Crust Quiche is the perfect breakfast! Packed with veggies and protein, it’s easy to make and great for meal prepping!
- Egg Casserole with Hash Browns is our favorite brunch recipe to feed a crowd!
- Ham and Cheese Frittata Recipe everyone will love. This keto frittata is easy to make, cheesy and delicious! Perfect for breakfast.
- Paleo Frittata is a perfect healthy breakfast. Easily customizable & made in the instant pot or oven- it’s great for meal prepping & delicious!
- Sausage Egg Bake is easy to make, paleo, whole30, and so yummy. It’s veggie loaded, perfect for meal prep, and delicious!
- Breakfast Fried Rice is a delicious low carb, whole30 & paleo friendly meal everyone will love! Made in under 20 minutes – it’s simple & yummy!
- Sweet Potato Spinach & Chicken Sausage Frittata is a quick, simple, paleo and Whole30 compliant chicken sausage frittata that is loaded with spiralized sweet potato and spinach and topped with avocado.
- Artichoke & Goat Cheese Breakfast Bake is just delicious. Cheesy bread, sausage, and veggies get baked for a delicious meal!
- Crustless Spinach Quiche is a perfect healthy breakfast. Easily customizable & made in the instant pot or oven- it’s great for meal prepping & delicious!
- Sweet Potato Frittata with asparagus, artichokes, and goat cheese packs protein, carbs, and healthy fats. Perfect for balanced breakfast, brunch, or meal prep.
- Spinach Smoked Gouda Frittata with Tomatoes is loaded with flavor!
- Chorizo Mushroom Sweet Potato Hash is made with crumbled Mexican chorizo and portobello mushrooms. Paleo and Whole30 compliant!
For more ideas, check out our 30+ Healthy Egg Recipes.
Easy Brunch Food Ideas: Muffins
No brunch is complete without muffins. They’re one of our favorite things to make! If you’re looking for easy brunch ideas, muffins are the perfect option! Here is a list of 30+ Healthy Muffins
- Healthy Banana Muffins are a simple, yummy treat! Easy to make with only 10 ingredients – these banana bread muffins are great for breakfast or a snack! Refined sugar free and made with whole grains in one bowl- you’ll love these!
- Healthy Zucchini Muffins Recipe that is easy to make and yummy! Gluten free, moist, and fluffy – these are perfect zucchini bread muffins!
- Healthy Carrot Muffins are the perfect gluten free treat! Packed with veggies + sweetened only with honey/fruit. They’re moist + delicious!
- Banana Blueberry Muffins! This muffin recipe is healthy, yummy and the perfect texture. Simple to make too!
- Healthy Protein Muffins are the perfect nutritious breakfast! Gluten/dairy free and packed with protein, they’re delicious + easy to make!
- Healthy Blueberry Muffins that are so easy to make! Learn how to make blueberry muffins with only 11 ingredients!
- Healthy Apple Muffins are made with whole grain oats and sweetened with just a touch of honey, making them the perfect simple fall breakfast!
- Sweet Potato Muffins! Made with simple ingredients, these gluten free sweet potato muffins are healthy and delicious!
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins are a delicious, low sugar fall breakfast. Naturally gluten + dairy free – these muffins are easy to make and so tasty!
Easy Brunch Recipe Ideas: Healthy Oatmeal
Oatmeal is great for serving at a brunch at home because it’s easy to make and delicious! Keep it plain or add in different fruits and toppings for a healthy breakfast. If you need more recipes, check out these 30+ Healthy Oatmeal Recipes.
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal is a simple make-ahead breakfast recipe that is perfect for meal prep! Gluten free, easy to make, and packed with flavor!
- Baked Oatmeal is perfect for breakfast! Learn how to make the best baked apple oatmeal that is easy to make and delicious!
- Baked Steel Cut Oatmeal is a delicious, healthy breakfast everyone will love. Vegan, gluten free & so easy to make -it’s the best way to cook Irish oatmeal!
- Almond Joy Overnight Oats are the perfect breakfast! Great for meal prep, easy to make and so delicious. Creamy + high in protein too!
- Banana Overnight Oats are healthy, delicious, and quick to make! Great for meal prep!
- Strawberry Yogurt Overnight Oats are delicious, healthy, and packed with protein. Perfect for busy mornings!
- Protein Overnight Oats Recipe! These protein powder overnight oats are easy to make and so yummy – perfect for a quick breakfast!
- Mango Overnight Oats takes 6 ingredients and only 5 minutes of prep! So creamy and delicious with the tropical flavors from the mango and coconut!
- Blueberry Overnight Oats that can be prepped in under 5 minutes! Try this overnight blueberry oatmeal for a healthy breakfast.
- Instant Pot Banana Bread Oatmeal is creamy, healthy, and so delicious. A hands-off breakfast in the morning or prepare it ahead of time as meal prep.
Easy Brunch Ideas at Home: Serving a Crowd
All good parties start off with a yummy appetizer. If you’re wondering what you can swap out for the traditional dips, breads, or snacks – these light and fresh recipes are the perfect substitutes.
- Caprese Tart with Pesto is made with Mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes on the vine, basil pesto, and balsamic reduction – so yummy!
- Healthy Fruit Dip would be perfect as a centerpiece on a large fruit charcuterie board! Only 4 ingredients and so easy to whip together!
- Sweet Potato Avocado Toast with Hemp Seeds is vegan, gluten-free, healthy, satisfying, and delicious! The sweetness of the caramelized baked swfeet potato rounds goes perfectly with the creamy avocado and nutty toppings!
- Veggie Loaded Breakfast Flatbread is a whole-wheat flatbread pitas are topped with roasted spaghetti squash, fresh tomatoes, sharp cheddar cheese, and baked with an egg on top.
- Yogurt Parfaits are fun for a brunch. You can set up a parfait bar with tons of toppings and mix ins for your guests to customize!
Healthy Brunch Foods: Sweet Breakfasts
I’m a total sucker for sweet breakfasts. Waffles, pancakes, oatmeal.. you name it, I love them all! Here are some sweeter breakfasts that aren’t overly sweet. Most of them have fresh fruit which makes them perfect for a spring brunch! All of these recipes are great for making ahead!
- Healthy Lemon Blueberry Bread is a delicious, lighter treat. Naturally sweetened and made with greek yogurt – it’s great for breakfast, dessert, or a snack!
- Protein Pancakes made with only 7 simple ingredients, these pancakes are moist, fluffy and packed with 16g of protein!
- Healthy Banana Pancakes Recipe! Learn how to make banana pancakes that are fluffy, sweet and delicious! The best breakfast!
- Protein Waffles taste just like the real deal Belgian waffles. So delicious!
- Healthy Pancakes are a recipe that everyone will enjoy! Learn how to make healthy pancakes that you can load up with all your favorite toppings!
- Banana Breakfast Cookies are a delicious breakfast! Made with simple ingredients and gluten/dairy free – your whole family will love them!
- Sweet Potato Pancakes that are delicious and healthy! An Easy Sweet Potato Pancake Recipe anyone can make and enjoy for breakfast!
- Avocado Toast Recipes! These simple recipes are easy to make and absolutely delicious a mix of savory and sweet recipes!
- Gluten Free Crepes are great for eating just about any time of day. They’re light, delicious, and super versatile. And perhaps the best part is that they are incredible easy and quick to whip up!
- Banana Chocolate Buckwheat Donuts are the perfect sweet breakfast treat!
- Greek Yogurt Pancakes are soft and fluffy pancakes are made with Greek yogurt for a healthy breakfast! Add your favorite mix-ins and enjoy them right away or make a batch to store in the freezer!
Easy Brunch Ideas: Drinks
In addition to good appetizers, a fun drink is nice to serve and enjoy! All of these drinks are beyond delicious. I love that none of them have funky mixes or refined sugar! Some are alcoholic and others are just refreshing and yummy. If you love smoothies, check out these 35+ Healthy Smoothies.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte is dairy free, lightly sweetened & so delicious! Made with only 5 simple ingredients it’s paleo, vegan & can be made whole30.
- Healthy Peppermint Mocha is the perfect holiday drink! Requiring only 5 ingredients, it’s easy to make, paleo, vegan, and cheaper than Starbucks!
- Healthy Hot Chocolate is great for non coffee drinkers! Made with only 3 simple ingredients it is so easy to make!
- Non Alcoholic Apple Cider Mimosas are an easy two ingredient, simple, quick mimosa recipe! It’s a healthy, non-alcoholic drink. And, it does not contain added sugar.
- Honey Mint Lemonade is an easy to make, refreshing drink to cool off with! Sweetened with honey & made with only 4 ingredients!
- Spicy Mango Citrus Cocktail is completely refined sugar free and loaded with flavor!
Easy Brunch Recipes: Desserts
And lastly… dessert! Because there is really nothing better than finishing off the day with a sweet treat. All of these desserts look SO yummy! I don’t think I’m going to be able to wait to host a brunch to make them.. they might have to happen one night this week in our house!
- Healthy Chocolate Donuts are a rich and delicious vegan dessert. Full of chocolate, these healthy donuts are a delicious treat and so easy to make!
- Healthy Lemon Bars are the perfect lighter dessert. Paleo, gluten free, grain free and sweetened with maple syrup – they’re delicious and easy to make!
- Healthy Banana Bread is made with a few nutritious ingredients like whole wheat flour & applesauce. Easy to make-it’s great for breakfast or a snack!
- Healthy Chocolate Truffles are the ultimate paleo and vegan dessert. Made with only 6 ingredients and easy to make – they’re perfect for a healthy treat!
If you’re someone that is just starting to eat healthier – we know that it can be really hard to eat healthy while you’re at a party or a social event.
While we think it’s important to indulge from time to time, sometimes you might be put in a situation where you don’t necessarily want to indulge, but there aren’t any nutritious choices.
Eating Healthy Brunch Food: Ideas & Tips
- Eat a snack or meal before you go. If you know you’re going to be hungry, don’t wait until you get there and fill up on junk! I like to eat some yogurt and berries or a small piece of chicken before going somewhere so I don’t arrive starving.
- Pick the things you want to indulge in. Be mindful of your choices. If you really want a piece of cake.. eat the piece of cake! If you don’t love all the options.. don’t eat them just to eat them!
- Bring a healthy dish. I’m usually the person that brings something that’s secretly healthy. All of the recipes I’ve included below taste amazing, but you’d never know they’re good for you!
I’m a believer in all things in moderation. So if I go to a party and choose to eat all the goods, then it just means the next day I’m back to my usual routine.
Whether you’re sharing these recipes, or enjoying them at home – there’s something for everyone in this list of healthy brunch recipes. We hope you enjoy them!
Brunch Food at Home FAQs
The healthiest brunch is something that is a mixture of protein and veggies with some healthy carbs and fat. We like an egg white omelette with vegetables and a side of oatmeal or fresh fruit.
Brunch is a combination of breakfast and lunch – so egg bakes, muffins, sandwiches are all appropriate to serve.
Brunch Ideas at Home: Egg Casserole
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb breakfast sausage – low salt
- ½ tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 cup onions minced (1 medium onion)
- 1 cup bell peppers cut in small pieces
- 10 eggs
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2.5 cups frozen shredded hash browns thawed (about ½ lb)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese optional- omit for dairy free
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a pan, heat olive oil. Brown your sausage until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add in onions, garlic, and peppers. Saute for an additional 5 minutes.
- While sausage/veggies cook, whisk together eggs and dried spices.
- In a large bowl mix together egg/spice mixture, cooked sausage & veggies, thawed hash browns and cheddar cheese.
- Pour into a greased 9×13 glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the eggs are completely set in the center.